Quantcast

I'm F'n Bored..

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
I've been at work for 7 hrs. All I've done is surf the :monkey: , and other MTB sites. What's worse, is it's -4C with gusting winds. We have a few inches of snow already. I don't have any quality winter riding gear, so I'll ask:

What do other monkey's use for cold winter riding? What kind of bikes and setups do you use for snowy trails?

Last off-season, my Becks-simpson training program faild me, so this winter I plan on using the roadbike on a trainer indoors, but that can get boring quickly. I'd like to hit the trails on the warmer days(It get's weel below -30C in January in these here parts!!) but I'm not sure if my NRS would be a good choice with the shock/fork meeting extreme cold weather.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Winter sucks but if I lived somewhere where winter wasn't just a cold wet muddy mess I'd be slapping on the XC skis after work each day and putting some hours in. DH skiing or boarding on the weekends. But since the snow sucks here I'll just deal with nasty wet cold rides and boring hours on the trainer.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
lockemiester said:
I've been at work for 7 hrs. All I've done is surf the :monkey: , and other MTB sites. What's worse, is it's -4C with gusting winds. We have a few inches of snow already. I don't have any quality winter riding gear, so I'll ask:

What do other monkey's use for cold winter riding? What kind of bikes and setups do you use for snowy trails?

Last off-season, my Becks-simpson training program faild me, so this winter I plan on using the roadbike on a trainer indoors, but that can get boring quickly. I'd like to hit the trails on the warmer days(It get's weel below -30C in January in these here parts!!) but I'm not sure if my NRS would be a good choice with the shock/fork meeting extreme cold weather.
I feel ya... I'm bored as fuhk. I got to bi+ch at a vendor earlier, that was the highlight of my day. I have been here 8 hours and to top it off... its raining outside.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
imbored as well. its slow but thats ok cause it is normally friggin slammed. gonna go out drinkin tonight, then fly fishing tomorrow the dirt jumping, then shuttling on sunday. yaaaaaaaay come on weekend!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
biggins said:
imbored as well. its slow but thats ok cause it is normally friggin slammed. gonna go out drinkin tonight, then fly fishing tomorrow the dirt jumping, then shuttling on sunday. yaaaaaaaay come on weekend!
Okay mang... Megans panty line is hot and all, but what happened to the prime, ramtastic rump that was on there about 2 weeks ago? You know, the one with the belt?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well, you know variety is the spice of life and all i like to change it up butt there is something about megan black that has kept her there for a while. i never use the same avatar anyway so that one is ass good ass gone. i dont even have that one on my hard drive anymore.