Quantcast

I'm going to scream - now the HEAD TUBE ANGLE?!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MtnBikerChk said:
So Jozz, what size bottom bracket do I need to buy now?

and for front derailleur, it says "The Moto Lite requires a 27.2mm seatpost and a 31.8mm top-swing, dual-pull front derailleur."

will this fit? http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=20019&subcategory_ID=5110

What does DUAL PULL front mean?
You need a 73mm shell BB, as far as spindle lenght, I'm running a 118mm and Karine a 113mm, the chainline and front shifting seems better on Karine's bike.

You need a top pull front D, and don't worry about size diameter, noadays Shimano XT front D is universal with all sorts of shims that come with it (people correct me if I'm wrong)

particle bored said:
MtnBikerChk,

I would suggest using Go-Ride.com for your outfitting of the new bike. They are strong supporters of the DH race scene, they are an actual brick-and-mortar shop, their staff are quite knowledgeable and very friendly, and their pricing is very competitive.

Disclaimer: I am not one of their employees, and I am not related to or friends with any of their employees. I am simply someone who has bought frames and parts from them over the past 2 years, and have been very satisfied with them.
Thanks. I really only need the bottom bracket and front derailleur :)

Jozz said:
You need a 73mm shell BB, as far as spindle lenght, I'm running a 118mm and Karine a 113mm, the chainline and front shifting seems better on Karine's bike.

You need a top pull front D, and don't worry about size diameter, noadays Shimano XT front D is universal with all sorts of shims that come with it (people correct me if I'm wrong)
They told me on the phone 73x118 and they are sending spacers just in case.

I want a sram D. Will the xgen fit?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
particle bored said:
MtnBikerChk,

I would suggest using Go-Ride.com for your outfitting of the new bike. They are strong supporters of the DH race scene, they are an actual brick-and-mortar shop, their staff are quite knowledgeable and very friendly, and their pricing is very competitive.

Disclaimer: I am not one of their employees, and I am not related to or friends with any of their employees. I am simply someone who has bought frames and parts from them over the past 2 years, and have been very satisfied with them.
I think she should buy all of her parts from Benidorm bikes in Canton, CT. ;) She LOVES that store! ;) :D