Quantcast

I'm just gonna say it...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If you work in a service industry where you have to listen all day, I feel for you.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What is wrong with music celebrating a holiday based on a pagan solstice celebrations adapted to honor a magic virgin birth of child who wouldn't be let in to our country by a morbidly obese magic man who zooms around the world in a sled powered by magic flying caribou breaks into homes and lives on an ice sheet that melts each summer?

All seems perfectly normal to me.

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Wasn't so bad when you only heard it a week or two before the actual day of Christmas, but now-a-days it all starts way too early.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What is wrong with music celebrating a holiday based on a pagan solstice celebrations adapted to honor a magic virgin birth of child who wouldn't be let in to our country by a morbidly obese magic man who zooms around the world in a sled powered by magic flying caribou and lives on an ice sheet that melts each summer?
The main issue is that it almost universally sucks. But yeah - the rest of that stuff. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
B-man was watching some sort of x-mas movie marathon yesterday. While I am a bit of a scrooge, I do really enjoy Christmas Vacation as a movie.

The only christmas music my folks listened to when I was growing up was this:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Wasn't so bad when you only heard it a week or two before the actual day of Christmas, but now-a-days it all starts way too early.
I brought my kids to see Santa at the mall last night. No lineups. I don't even remember hearing Christmas music (just the jingle of the bored out of her mind Salvation Army lady).

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was at Universal Studios earlier this week and couldn't help but notice the Will Smith "Men in Black" theme song was on repeat on and around that ride. Now imagine if you worked at that ride and had to listen to that song non-stop during all of your work shifts. That would suck.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
After being away from my home and family for xmas for the last 10 years, and having spent the last 5 of those years on a small island in the caribean, surfing and partying with not a xmas tree in sight and reggeaton playing all day errrday untill i even got used to it....

I still dont miss this stupid shit excuse for a holiday and even though I just bought a house and me and the gf are moving in soon, there is no way in hell im putting up a xmas tree or any of that fucking pseudo christian holiday bullshit.

:D

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Last year I managed to make it the whole way through Christmas without hearing a single shitty Christmas song. :D
This year I'd already been hit by Snoopys fucking crapmas by mid November. :(

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I still dont miss this stupid shit excuse for a holiday and even though I just bought a house and me and the gf are moving in soon, there is no way in hell im putting up a xmas tree or any of that fucking pseudo christian holiday bullshit.

:D[/QUOTE]

There is nothing Christian about Christmas trees or Christmas. It is a pagan holiday celebrating the winter solstice with feasts, a big fire, giving gifts, and killing a tree and bringing it inside. Santa was krampus first. At the end the days start getting longer and chickens start laying eggs.

Now are you a godless heathen or not?