Quantcast

I'm no longer fat!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, it took me about 7 months to do it, but I'm no longer fat!

I've lost about 3 inches off my waist, my face is thinned out, I actually have muscle definition again, and for the first time ever - I can see my ab muscles!

All told, I lost about 25 lbs.

I've been checking myself out in the mirror the last week or so - it's a good feeling.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Way to go. That's a great feeling when you all of a sudden realize that.

NOW keep on top of it and don't get fat again. I hope you have that scale in your bathroom that you weigh yourself everyday so it doesn't sneak up on you again. Fat's bad like that.

Again way to go. Its a tough but definately worthy accomplishment.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
DRB said:
NOW keep on top of it and don't get fat again. I hope you have that scale in your bathroom that you weigh yourself everyday so it doesn't sneak up on you again. Fat's bad like that.
Yep - definitely. Winter is the big killer for me, but I've got a trainer now, and that should definitely help.

I do have the scale, but more importantly is how my clothes fit. And for as good as I feel about it now, I don't think I'm going to slide on it anytime soon.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
jacksonpt said:
Yep - definitely. Winter is the big killer for me, but I've got a trainer now, and that should definitely help.

I do have the scale, but more importantly is how my clothes fit. And for as good as I feel about it now, I don't think I'm going to slide on it anytime soon.
The scale as been the best keep it off tool for me. I notice when I start to drift up by a couple of pounds and am able to get a handle on it.

Again congratulations.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
congrats! i've been meaning to make a thread like this, waiting on when i get real body composition numbers back, as i did a 100 day long nutrition study this spring...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Stress always did wonders for me.

But it was never healthy.

Congrats.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Uhg, I hate the scale:bomb: We put ours in the garage about two years ago to weigh the bikes and that's where it's going to stay:) I go by how I feel when I exercise and how my clothes fit.

I feel the scale is a misleading way to measure your fattness.

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
Agreed! I can easily fluctuate 5lbs every month so if I were to weigh myself everyday (and this is just me) I would constantly be either beating myself up or rewarding myself with chocolate :p - either of which would lead to further increases on the scale! I do use a scale but less often, about once a month just to keep things in check because if I wait until my pants start getting tight then it's usually not a good thing. But I can usually tell too, before even getting on the scale - and I know it's usually because I've been less active and eating less healthy.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
congrats on the weight loss!!!!
its tough to lose the weight and keep it off but we know you can do it..definately keep a scale and make sure u're keeping the weight down..

i heard "nicoderm" will help you lose weight, since a cigarette makes you lose your appetite, nicoderm gives you the same result of no appetite w/o killing your lungs..so it could make you cut down on food, thats what my grandpa told me, and he help design the material for the parachute! so i'd trust him

4ftBiker

Chimp
May 5, 2006
way to go!!! but rember if u start gaining some weight or arent loosing remember"Mussel Weighs More Than FAT"

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stevew said:
Stress always did wonders for me.

But it was never healthy.

Congrats.
Yea, stress (and mood in general) is key. Good mood/low stress makes it easy to eat right and such. A bad mood will kill a good week in a hurry.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Snacks said:
Uhg, I hate the scale:bomb: We put ours in the garage about two years ago to weigh the bikes and that's where it's going to stay:) I go by how I feel when I exercise and how my clothes fit.

I feel the scale is a misleading way to measure your fattness.
yea, I fluctuate about 4lbs over the course of a week, sometimes over the course of a day. I don't like the scale for that reason, but it is a good way to watch long term trends.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
habitatxskate said:
i heard "nicoderm" will help you lose weight, since a cigarette makes you lose your appetite, nicoderm gives you the same result of no appetite w/o killing your lungs..so it could make you cut down on food, thats what my grandpa told me, and he help design the material for the parachute! so i'd trust him
That just seems like a bad idea. If you can't exercise some kind of portion control, you're going to end up fat regardless of what you do. A good diet and exercise is the only real path to health. Nicoderm isn't any better than any of those weight loss pills they advertise on TV.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Started at about 185, I'm now right at 160, maybe a hair under. I've lost about 2.5" off my waist (based on how my pants fit).

jacksonpt said:
Well, it took me about 7 months to do it, but I'm no longer fat!

I've lost about 3 inches off my waist, my face is thinned out, I actually have muscle definition again, and for the first time ever - I can see my ab muscles!

All told, I lost about 25 lbs.

I've been checking myself out in the mirror the last week or so - it's a good feeling.

I don't believe you. Post a picture. lol Just kidding I believe ya. Great job man. Glad to hear your using a mirror and tape measure to guage your results. I hate scales. They don't tell the truth.
So many people that begin weight training and change their diets get frustrated because their weight doesn't change or worse, they weigh heavier. This is usually because they gain muscle and muscle weighs more then fat. The mirror and cloths are your best tools for guaging weight loss and or muscle gain. Pictures are good as well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
firestorm said:
I don't believe you. Post a picture. lol Just kidding I believe ya. Great job man. Glad to hear your using a mirror and tape measure to guage your results. I hate scales. They don't tell the truth.
So many people that begin weight training and change their diets get frustrated because their weight doesn't change or worse, they weigh heavier. This is usually because they gain muscle and muscle weighs more then fat. The mirror and cloths are your best tools for guaging weight loss and or muscle gain. Pictures are good as well.
i'd guess that the usual reason is because they don't stick to it, actually :D

I was actually commenting moreso on how he guages his weight loss not so much why some people gain weight on a diet. but since you brought it up. Yea that is one reason. the other reason is due to the retarded diets that people go on. they go on these liquid diets, fasting diets, one food diets and major calorlie deficit diets etc. Then they loose 20 or more pounds and go back to eating normal meals and wind up gaining all the weight back plus some. They may even be eating cleanly and yet they still gain the weight back and don't understand why. It all comes down to the human metabolism. When you make drastic cuts in calories (both good and bad foods) for 6 months or so and then go back to eating normal sized portions, the body goes nuts and starts storing. It's as though it was starved for so long and then it gets food so it hordes up on it and puts some away for the next time you starve it again.
Best way to loose weight is to do so moderately. don't go on a diet. Instead change your dietary habbits that you will stick with forever and not just a set number of months.
Cut the fats. Up your protein ratio. Decrease your Carb ratios. Replace soft drinks with flavored waters and such. Replace Ice cream with sherbet or low fat ice yogurt and eat that in major moderation. (once a week and only a cup). Replace that night snack of Doritos or potatoe chips with no salt pretzels,fruit,nuts.
That is the way to diet. Change your eating habbits and stick to it.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
stevew said:
that is a odd thing to say....
Thats what I thought too, but then I thought it was a typo, then I thought, maybe he just doesn't care for his wife. Then I decided to mind my own business until you piqued my curiosity again.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stevew said:
that is a odd thing to say....
and

laura said:
Thats what I thought too, but then I thought it was a typo, then I thought, maybe he just doesn't care for his wife. Then I decided to mind my own business until you piqued my curiosity again.
There is an on-going saga in the Lounge about my marital situation. Let's just say that it's not what it could be.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Well done Jackson.

laura said:
Piqued. Good word, I approve.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
jacksonpt said:
Started at about 185, I'm now right at 160, maybe a hair under. I've lost about 2.5" off my waist (based on how my pants fit).
How tall are you? I was at 183 in January and I'm at 170 now. I'm just under 6 feet and I can't see getting down to 160. I was shooting for 168 no real reason why I picked that, but figured I needed a goal.

I have one of the body fat, percentage of water scales. Not sure how acurate they are, but I have seem to have leveld out at

170 lbs. 12.6% BF 58% Water

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jacksonpt said:
and

There is an on-going saga in the Lounge about my marital situation. Let's just say that it's not what it could be.
Sorry I brought it up.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stevew said:
Sorry I brought it up.
No sweat... I wouldn't have said anything if it was a sensitive subject. While I'm not as private about it as I could be, I don't air my really dirty laundry around here.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
habitatxskate said:
Holy crap, this is almost the worst idea ever.

Deliberately addict yourself to nicotine to kill your appetite? Are you serious? No offense intended to your grandfather, but that's really bad advice. I'm not even going to begin to list how many things are wrong with doing that; please don't go around suggesting this to people. It's unhealthy in a lot of ways.