Quantcast

I'm out for awhile!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
For those of you who heard I messed up my knee last weekend at Hood....

I went to an orthopedic doctor yesterday and was suppose to get an MRI. She looked at it and did a bunch of bending and twisting... The good news is she doesn't think I re-tore my ACL. The bad news is she didn't do an MRI because they are super booked and she didn't feel it was an emergency that I had one done this week since I can walk or should I say limp. I told her that I really wanted to get an MRI so I know if I can race. She said that even if she did an MRI it wouldn't change the fact that I can't ride for up to 6 weeks. She said there is a 30% chance my meniscus is re-torn and that might need to be fixed (arthroscopic surgery). I will be called next week for an appointment to get the MRI. :mad:

So, this weekend when we are at Whistler for Crankworx you won't see me on the mountain riding my bike working on my skills! You can find me hanging out at the pool working on my tan! I'm totally bumming since I was going to Sun Peaks and Mt. Washington for the BC Cups!!! Now I guess I'm taking pictures! :(

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Well that blows, If it is any help. This is going to be my 3rd weekend off a bike. Due to a back sprain. So far i have missed about 12 weeks of riding this year. Due to one injury or another.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
KNine said:
Well that blows, If it is any help. This is going to be my 3rd weekend off a bike. Due to a back sprain. So far i have missed about 12 weeks of riding this year. Due to one injury or another.
That sucks. I'm very fortunate that I had such a good year! I can count on one hand the crashes that I had that put me out for less then a week! :) I had an awesome season and had so much fun at the races this year!!!
~edit~ being a Speedy Beaver has rocked!!!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yep, good thing we heal...but sometimes you need a bit of help w/ some ti and screws.

Hey Joy - did you get any good drugs?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Yep, good thing we heal...but sometimes you need a bit of help w/ some ti and screws.

Hey Joy - did you get any good drugs?
Uh huh! I got some Vicadin! :D
I actually needed that more for my shoulder...I really stretched something. It hurts when I lift my arm over my head...

I hope my knee doesn't take longer to heal since I've had surgery on it before!! It was funny seeing the x-rays (for the bones to make sure I didn't chip anything)...there is a really long screw just sitting there, and about 5 inches below is a long pin like thing!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
MUTOLI said:
I actually needed that more for my shoulder...I really stretched something. It hurts when I lift my arm over my head...

I hope my knee doesn't take longer to heal since I've had surgery on it before!! It was funny seeing the x-rays (for the bones to make sure I didn't chip anything)...there is a really long screw just sitting there, and about 5 inches below is a long pin like thing!
Vicodin? mmmmm. I still have a bunch of percocet left over if you run out and need a little something.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Vicodin? mmmmm. I still have a bunch of percocet left over if you run out and need a little something.
Percocet makes me yack! Thanks for the offer though! :)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Hey girlie, sorry to hear this has got you off the bike. When your ready for a ride let me know. Take advantage and let Ethan do everything for you for awhile :sneaky: :sneaky: :evil:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
evilbob said:
Hey girlie, sorry to hear this has got you off the bike. When your ready for a ride let me know. Take advantage and let Ethan do everything for you for awhile :sneaky: :sneaky: :evil:
Yeah, I'm milking it as much as possible. :)

elRey

Turbo Monkey
hmm i dont know wich would be worse, tearing something and not being able to ride, or drivers ed. your lucky! you get to go to canada and kick back, while i drive around in an old police car with a freakin psycho :think:

get healed soon! :p

MUTOLI said:

That streach is mostlikely from a sublux and usaly when it happens it feels like you snaped your arm. A dislocation feels the same but hurts 3x as much.

You might want to invest in one of theese

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ouch! sorry to hear bout your owies. Put some ice on that sucker and think good thoughts, i think i tore some cartiledge in mine too. It still clicks and pops in weird ways, hopefully you'll be back soon. Healin vibes for ya! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

caputo1989 said:
That streach is mostlikely from a sublux and usaly when it happens it feels like you snaped your arm. A dislocation feels the same but hurts 3x as much.

You might want to invest in one of theese
I've got two of those....at least variations of it. One real simple, basic support, the other looks like the one you linked to, some kind of S&M shoulder toy. :eek:

Anyhow, Joy, If you think you need one let me now, I'll let 'em go cheap.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
sorry too here that i had a crash earlier this year at the softies that put me out for like 6 weeks. hey but the vicodin was fun i still have a bunch left over. hope the healing goes quick

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Thanks for all the great healing vibes! My shoulder is doing pretty good. I only notice it in the morning when I'm washing my hair! My knee is feeling much better today too. I've been really taking care of it and the swelling has gone down alot. I can almost straighten it! I just got a call from the MRI place and I have it scheduled for the 15th. Maybe I'm not done for the season!!! :sneaky: :sneaky: I'll keep you all posted!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
evilbob said:
Stay positive so you can get back on ASAP.
Yeah, I'm pretty positive that I will be back on the bikes sooner than I thought! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
For sure....listen to Bob..he is all about the positive. I think because he is always hurt :p
:think: :think: I didn't get hurt yesterday, I think things are getting better overall oohhh yyyeeeaaa. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :evil:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Got the MRI on Monday...of course the tech wouldn't give me any info at all, other then my knee still has lots of fluid in it, oh and some impressive material/work existing (screws and pins) ;) . I have an appointment via phone for results this Friday at 10:50am. I will let you know what I find out! :confused:

BTW~ My wisdom teeth came out on Tuesday, it went well and my face didn't swell up like I thought it would!!! :)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
I hate it when they do that! :angry:
I know...it's not cool. But I'm sure he's just covering his own ass in case he said it looks good and then I go out and tear it worse. Oh well...whats another day after waiting three + weeks already!!!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
The orthopedic surgeon said the following:

According to my MRI, I have a small tear in the front lateral meniscus, and I also have a possible tear in the center of my medial meniscus. I also have severe bruising of the bones.

She said that I can try riding and see how it does. If it starts to swell or cause discomfort then I need to make an appointment and then I will probably need arthroscopic surgery.

So, I'm going to start riding light and see how it goes. I'm shooting for Mt. Washington!!! :thumb: :D

Joy

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Good luck and don't reinjure yourself and make it worse. Getting scoped isn't too bad, I'd take that over getting cut up.
For sure! I've had both...and the arthroscopic is way less painfull and heals much faster!!! Oh, and much cheaper too! :D

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
bibs said:
Mt washington, wasnt that last weekend or am I late reading this? HEal soon! and quick
No silly. Sun Peaks was last weekend, and Mt. Washington is the 27th-28th.