Quantcast

I'm participating in a clinic with Marla Streb!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Hey, Hunnies, just wanted to announce my exciting news that I got into a "high-speed cornering and jumps" clinic with Marla Streb for this Saturday! I need to get a paper bag so I can stop hyperventilating here at work!:D

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
wow, that'll be great. I can't imagine a better person to learn from. Maybe you can post some tips after the clinic? Have fun, I'm jealous. :)

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
That's awesome!!! Marla is an extremely nice and helpful person. Velocity Girl and I were supposed to go riding with her when she came to Seattle for her book signing, but her schedule became to hectic.

Maybe next time!

You'll enjoy your lessons with Marla though. Have fun!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
That's sooooo awesome! As Freak said, she is a super nice. I still remember the first time I met here, I was so nervous I was shaking :p Let us know how it goes!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
that is cool. marla seems like such a nice sincere person. always helpful when she's hiking the course and you're working a section. her book was a great read. funny, deep, honest, generous. besides all that, she's a ripper on two wheels AND did a nude photo shoot w/out it being slutty!! all hail marla streb!! HAIL HAIL!!

have fun for the lot of us. (unless i can find someone from the nyc area that wants to split gas to get down there and join y'all. interested parties PM me.)

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
My gf, Grizgal and a bunch of other friends rode with her at her Boston signing. She is very nice. I have talked with her a few times and she is super cool. Def one of the smartest people you will ever meet.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Originally posted by chromegoddess

...have fun for the lot of us. (unless i can find someone from the nyc area that wants to split gas to get down there and join y'all. interested parties PM me.)
Here's the orig. thread with info about getting into the clinic. I don't know how many slots are available. Only a few were available by Wednesday morning.:(

RM VA thread about clinic with Marla

I will certainly let you all know how it was. I hear it's more of an XC thing than DH.

J

JRB

Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
Here's the orig. thread with info about getting into the clinic. I don't know how many slots are available. Only a few were available by Wednesday morning.:(

RM VA thread about clinic with Marla

I will certainly let you all know how it was. I hear it's more of an XC thing than DH.
So shouldn't they have Allison Dunlap???

Kidding again.

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Marla rocks! It gives all of us mid-30's people such inspiration. Just 'cause yer over 30 doesn't mean you can't kick ass!:D

Have fun!:D

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Originally posted by dhjill
Marla rocks! It gives all of us mid-30's people such inspiration. Just 'cause yer over 30 doesn't mean you can't kick ass!:D

Have fun!:D
Yeah, I read her book the week after I started mtn. biking. (I used to do music as my main thing....) Her story really encouraged me to give myself permission to go into mtn. biking full-throttle if I found I really enjoy it (and I do) even though I'm about to turn 30. :)