Quantcast

I'm trying to decide between King of Spirits Gold and Century Absinthe any ideas?

technohive

Chimp
Nov 15, 2007
Hi guys, I'd really like to try this absinthe drink. Anyone's got any experience? I'm trying to decide between King of Spirits Gold and Century Absinthe, since they are so high in thujone... any ideas?"

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
Hi guys, I'd really like to try this absinthe drink. Anyone's got any experience? I'm trying to decide between King of Spirits Gold and Century Absinthe, since they are so high in thujone... any ideas?"
Don't buy into the marketing hype of thujone, it's just a way for brands that make ****ty absinthe to try and push it as the best. I'd suggest going with a higher quality brand (stick with French or Swiss Absinthe), as the taste and experience will be far better. I've heard great things about the Jades http://www.absintheonline.com/acatalog/Jade.html .

Oh and just a FYI, your not going to hallucinate.

*edit* just picked up a bottle of Verte de Fougerolles 72
so we'll see how it is

technohive

Chimp
Nov 15, 2007
But I have read in a lot of website that the more thujone absinthe the better it is. Just like in Century Absinthe which contains 100mg
of thujone . I would like to asked if 100 mg thujone in absinthe drinks is not that high yet?.

absintheur

Chimp
Jan 4, 2008
I suggest you go for Absinth King of Spirits Gold, however being absinthe drinker for a while now and one of the best real brands available is Absinthe Original Bitter Spirit. They're both available to buy from this reliable Absinthe vendor.

With regards to Kubler and Lucid, these "absinthes" contains no trace of thujone - Absinthe is now purported to be legal in the US as long as it is THUJONE FREE! How strange as Absinthe is made from Artemisia Absinthium, the herb that gives Absinthe it’s name, and produces Thujone so what is the truth are they selling Absinthe? I don't think so.

Neither of the two (Gold & Century), nor any other genuine absinthe, will make it to the States anytime soon. For the real deal, you have to travel to Europe or have it shipped over. Yes, possession and importation for personal use is legal. :lighten:

Michael

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
For several years, Breaux has been working with a French distillery, faithfully reproducing a number of classic absinthes based on chemical scans of the contents of vintage bottles. The scans accord with recent research and contradict the traditional theory that thujone is absinthe's magic ingredient.

"When I tested bottles of vintage absinthe," he says, "I was surprised to find they contained very little thujone."
"If a maker or seller has to depend upon promoting myths and misinformation about thujone to sell a product, that is a fairly reliable indicator that said product is sorely lacking in quality and authenticity," he says.

source

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
For several years, Breaux has been working with a French distillery, faithfully reproducing a number of classic absinthes based on chemical scans of the contents of vintage bottles. The scans accord with recent research and contradict the traditional theory that thujone is absinthe's magic ingredient.

"When I tested bottles of vintage absinthe," he says, "I was surprised to find they contained very little thujone."
"If a maker or seller has to depend upon promoting myths and misinformation about thujone to sell a product, that is a fairly reliable indicator that said product is sorely lacking in quality and authenticity," he says.

source

Better known as the placebo effect.