Quantcast

Image of females at Sea Otter

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I know a bunch of you ladies were at Sea Otter.

How did you feel about all of the booth babes? I expect it from companies like Marzocchi, who have a whole ad campaign based on hot girls, but it seems there was alot more this year.

I had this moment in one of the bathrooms that made me giggle. After DH practice Saturday morning I was in the girl's room by the expo area trying to wash the mud off my face when one of the Santa Cruz girls game in to fix her eye make up. It made me feel kind of silly. Not sure why.

I'm not saying all of the tight pants were offensive or not. I'm just noting that there were ALOT of them this year.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
I know a bunch of you ladies were at Sea Otter.

How did you feel about all of the booth babes? I expect it from companies like Marzocchi, who have a whole ad campaign based on hot girls, but it seems there was alot more this year.

I'm not saying all of the tight pants were offensive or not. I'm just noting that there were ALOT of them this year.
You make a good point. On one hand, biking is still primarily a men's sport, and attractive women can make good spokespeople. There was a NY Times article about how the drug industry is recruiting from the college cheerleading teams for sales reps just for that reason.

However, I cannot imagine booth babes have any appeal to women riders/racers. For me, the fact that they have zero knowledge of cycling means I don't want to speak to them at a cycling event.

A SRAM girl came up to me to give me their party flyer. On one hand, she was very attractive but on the other is she being paid to chat with Sea Otter participants. Despite my jokes, I rather have talked to a tech person about SRAM components than a SRAM girl.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
sanjuro said:
You make a good point. On one hand, biking is still primarily a men's sport, and attractive women can make good spokespeople. There was a NY Times article about how the drug industry is recruiting from the college cheerleading teams for sales reps just for that reason.

However, I cannot imagine booth babes have any appeal to women riders/racers. For me, the fact that they have zero knowledge of cycling means I don't want to speak to them at a cycling event.

A SRAM girl came up to me to give me their party flyer. On one hand, she was very attractive but on the other is she being paid to chat with Sea Otter participants. Despite my jokes, I rather have talked to a tech person about SRAM components than a SRAM girl.

But you went to the party anyway right? :oink:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
Seriously? Tech person over the SRAM girls?

I wonder if any of the companies there cut back on technically knowledgeable reps to have hot chicks instead.

I'm pretty sure SRAM or Santa Cruz could care less that they lost me going over to their booth, but they did. I'm not going to go up to their tent and chit chat when there are a bunch of chicks throwing around party fliers and cowbells and such.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
N8 said:
I am willing to bet none of those girls even rides a bike, muchless owns one...
:stupid:

what would have been funny, in a *really* sick way, was if Amy was washing mud off her face, while the booth babe was gagging herself.

yeah, ok, I'm reserving my spot in hell right now.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
she looks a little like that Kate picture in another thread...to skinny....someone should tell her it is ok to eat........

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
MudGrrl said:
does anyone else find it funny that the left chick's "power of SRAM" text on her butt is totally getting sucked into her pucker?
ktmsx said:
she looks a little like that Kate picture in another thread...to skinny....someone should tell her it is ok to eat........
no, no, no. there's nothing wrong with some quality buttcheek separation :D

<-- reinforcing the stereotype alluded to by the original poster

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i think it must be magic that they can wear their pants that low and not show crack.

and i do think they are a bit too thin. there's being fit, but then there is unhealthy skinny. they look fragile.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
amydalayna said:
i think it must be magic that they can wear their pants that low and not show crack.

that's because they don't have butts.
If you don't have a butt, you don't have a crack.

they are entirely without @ssholes, so they don't poo either.
It's not a problem, because it's not like they eat.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I Are Baboon said:
They must have looked rather rediculously out of place there.
maybe if it was just the 3 of them, but i saw these same sorta girly girls everywhere. santa cruz hand some. and volkswagon too. i wonder if it is a growing trend...

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
MudGrrl said:
it took me a second to figure out what Tom meant by destroyed.

my first thought was someone was beating the crap outta her.
can you share it with those who don't get it.???

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
I Are Baboon said:
They must have looked rather rediculously out of place there.
Yaeh I am sure they got a lot of complaints for beeing there....somewhere there was a couple teenage boys who did not even notice there was a bike race going on......

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
amydalayna said:

and i do think they are a bit too thin. there's being fit, but then there is unhealthy skinny. they look fragile.
They just don't have a good figure. I mean, sure, they are cute from behind, but it's not the kind of figure that would make me do a double take.
Yeah, I don't understand how girls can wear their pants so low. It's crazy.

This is all comming from a 17 your old guy. Whew.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Anyone get any pics of the Syndicate/Santa Cruz girls? I was deeply in love with one of them. The cute asian one, good goddamn!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
amydalayna said:
They have a little piece of velcro stapled to their tailbones.

I am always bemused at the showgirls and the effect they have on people. I mean, hey I'm human and some of them are hot, but for the most part they are just so out place it's laughable.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Amy,

After hearing about how one of the SRAM girls got "destroyed" at a Sea Otter bathroom, did I make a mistake not inviting the one I liked back to our motel room?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
Amy,

After hearing about how one of the SRAM girls got "destroyed" at a Sea Otter bathroom, did I make a mistake not inviting the one I liked back to our motel room?
as i have HUGE problems with any forms of PDA, I think not inviting them back to our room was not a mistake.
but, if she wasn't turned off my the icky bathrooms, i guess she wouldn't have minded the methlab motel we were in.

and i think there were way cuter girls racing in my class then those SRAM girls. Yes, the SRAM girls were hot and all that, but i think they were boring looking.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Near the start gate of the Men's Pro DH, I saw a girl in full body armor and her race gear with a compact putting on makeup. I should have taken a picture.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Carbon Fetish said:
Near the start gate of the Men's Pro DH, I saw a girl in full body armor and her race gear with a compact putting on makeup. I should have taken a picture.
that is silliness.
there was a girl in my class with a bit too much eye makeup on and when we were taking the shuttle back up after the race, she had some racoon eye action going on.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Tattooo said:
Anyone get any pics of the Syndicate/Santa Cruz girls? I was deeply in love with one of them. The cute asian one, good goddamn!
The Asian girl, who I also fancy, was a SRAM girl. Here is a pic of the Santa Cruz girls with some dudes who snuck into the picture: