Quantcast

IMG in signature?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
need to save bandwidth for all the ads
:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's it. Everything we do is for the ads.

First of all, a substantial portion of our ads aren't even served through our servers. Second of all, bandwidth isn't a problem - we have no bandwidth issues right now. So nope, it has nothing to do with ads.

Getting back to the real reason, it's frankly just that they are annoying to many people, including myself. Some images are fine but it's impossible to enforce "annoying" vs. "not annoying" signatures. What's the image you use for your military signature?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking as a frequest visitor to this site, I'd vote NO on the signature images. They are annoying on other forums and I turn them off.

Speaking as an admin on this site, splat has one because of a glitch in the matrix (i.e. usergroup setting) which I spotted but never bothered to fix, not to mention the image is a picture of me which just adds to the beauty of this site and surely helps bring in huge revenue dollars.

Edit: I see splat no longer has the image in his sig. When the hell did that happen? Ban coming...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That is what avatars be 4 and you can always just past an image at the end of every post if so impassioned.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Speaking as a frequest visitor to this site, I'd vote NO on the signature images. They are annoying on other forums and I turn them off.

Speaking as an admin on this site, splat has one because of a glitch in the matrix (i.e. usergroup setting) which I spotted but never bothered to fix, not to mention the image is a picture of me which just adds to the beauty of this site and surely helps bring in huge revenue dollars.

Edit: I see splat no longer has the image in his sig. When the hell did that happen? Ban coming...
That should just be the header for the site IMO.

Just for lulz how much would it cost me to have my own ad show up?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I have pricing for our ads; PM me if you're serious.

I think I would stab myself in the face if I had to scroll through a bunch of image signatures but we could put it to a vote just to see if there's any community interest in it or if everyone will hate it.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I have pricing for our ads; PM me if you're serious.

I think I would stab myself in the face if I had to scroll through a bunch of image signatures but we could put it to a vote just to see if there's any community interest in it or if everyone will hate it.
Westy, serious, that brings the funny.

I would also stab you in the face for image signatures.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I do agree that everyone having some lame signature with a picture of their truck or snowmobile is sucky, but why not make an exception for GFF and what I think most would view as a worthwhile signature? Everyone seems to like him around these parts, and I'm guessing no one complained about Splat's.

GFF, you could always post a hyperlink in your signature with information about your service

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
No images in sigs please. put it in your avatar, or add it to every post you make IF YOU MUST!