Quantcast

immigrant worker strike

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BurlyShirley said:
Heh, that is funny, isnt it? Suckers.
I'm picking on you, but the point I am trying to make is while illegal immigrants are a burden on our resources, like public health care or schools, they do the crappy jobs you or I would not do.

They pick up the trash, harvest the fruit, or dig the ditches. It is not like they go on unemployment or welfare, or steal high-tech or many blue-collar jobs.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
sanjuro said:
I'm picking on you, but the point I am trying to make is while illegal immigrants are a burden on our resources, like public health care or schools, they do the crappy jobs you or I would not do.

They pick up the trash, harvest the fruit, or dig the ditches. It is not like they go on unemployment or welfare, or steal high-tech or many blue-collar jobs.
Picking on me? About what?
I was only kidding about putting them in camps or whatever anyway. I like the mexicans, I just want it to be alot more regulated. Ive worked with lots of them over the years, and truth be told, the HAVE taken some jobs away, but they do work of equal quality, so I dont care.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Secret Squirrel said:
However, I had a drive to want to learn as much as I could about what I was doing. They didn't. They went through the motions of whatever our boss said. Sometimes they weren't too motivated to actually do what needed to be done, so I kicked it up a notch myself and I was the one that reaped the benefits. So, when the next year came around, I was suddenly earning 1.50 more an hour while their rate went up a buck. Next year, me=2 bucks more, them=a buck. I was all of a sudden working whole projects myself, while they weren't.

I'm not saying that that's bad by any stretch, I'm merely saying that the way people apply themselves to different ends is very important. I got more money to be able to do what I wanted....They could've been earning just as much and been able to go and spend that on the pimped Neon they drove to work every morning....As well as actually saving some money up in the process...

I'm not one for slacking off (too much...) whenever I can, and I expect everyone else to row with the team just as hard as I am. If you don't.....well, then we have an issue that needs resolving.

I realize that everyone has their own level of "working hard"...but if you're going to be part of our country, no slacking off.

Put up or shut up.
The flip side to illegal immigration from Mexico is you are not necessarily getting the cream of the crop.

Take immigration from China. In the past, it was so difficult to make it here, only the most motivated and intelligent became US citizens. Now that immigration is made easier, there are a lot of Chinese dumasses around Cali.

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
Secret Squirrel said:
Meh...I'm kinda ambivolent about illegals. I worked landscaping with a crew that was quite questionable for awhile in high school. They were aight, had families that came with them, worked 6 10's a week, and were generally on time and not hungover. Hell, I think I came to work hungover (or still drunk...stupid parties.) more than they did combined.

However, I had a drive to want to learn as much as I could about what I was doing. They didn't. They went through the motions of whatever our boss said. Sometimes they weren't too motivated to actually do what needed to be done, so I kicked it up a notch myself and I was the one that reaped the benefits. So, when the next year came around, I was suddenly earning 1.50 more an hour while their rate went up a buck. Next year, me=2 bucks more, them=a buck. I was all of a sudden working whole projects myself, while they weren't.

I'm not saying that that's bad by any stretch, I'm merely saying that the way people apply themselves to different ends is very important. I got more money to be able to do what I wanted....They could've been earning just as much and been able to go and spend that on the pimped Neon they drove to work every morning....As well as actually saving some money up in the process...

I'm not one for slacking off (too much...) whenever I can, and I expect everyone else to row with the team just as hard as I am. If you don't.....well, then we have an issue that needs resolving.

I realize that everyone has their own level of "working hard"...but if you're going to be part of our country, no slacking off.

Put up or shut up.
yes, i agree with you, its a huge problem to deal with people that just want to earn enough money to survive, they never care about doing things better.
I'm sick of watching "pochos"(those that work in the USA) in their pimped cars, they're ugly, noisy... they make me think pochos prefer to have a dodge neon full of stupid stickers rather than having a nice house or a business of their own.
But there are others like the owners of Chipotle, i don't like "mexican food" made in the US, but when i went and tried a chipotle burrito...:drool: , and Chipotle represents for me the American dream, a good service, with quality and at a fair price.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
sanjuro said:
The flip side to illegal immigration from Mexico is you are not necessarily getting the cream of the crop.

Take immigration from China. In the past, it was so difficult to make it here, only the most motivated and intelligent became US citizens. Now that immigration is made easier, there are a lot of Chinese dumasses around Cali.
*Ding* Winner!

Blame it on Yao. :rolleyes:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Secret Squirrel said:
*Ding* Winner!

Blame it on Yao. :rolleyes:
Yao is the tops (literally). Ask another Chinese, and I bet they use the word "peasant" to complain about the lousy crop of Chinese immigrants.

BTW, a peasant is not much different than a migrant worker...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Andyman_1970 said:
I got into a knock down drag out on the Christian forum I post on about this very subject with respect to what the church should do. I was on the side of as Jesus' hands and feet here we should take care of these people.........while the super fundy republican told me I was a sissy and they should all be arrested..........nice:rolleyes:
NIMB?