Quantcast

***Important, Please Read!***

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Sunday night, my downhill bike was stolen from my house.

Its a 2006 GT iT1, stock except for Truvativ handlebars, Big Earl stem, and a brand new set of Maxxis Ardent 2.6 3C tires setup with Stan's. This is in the Phoenix, AZ area.

Please keep a lookout for this bike. Its very unique, there shouldn't be many, if any, in Arizona. You can contact me at 602-358-6661.

Thanks,

Eric

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Dude, that sucks ass. Did you call Fish and Erik in case someone takes it in asking questions. I've seen it happen before.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Dude, that sucks ass. Did you call Fish and Erik in case someone takes it in asking questions. I've seen it happen before.
Fish knows, Sixty was there when I called and told him what had happened.
Haven't told Erik yet.

I'm going to check out a few Pawn shops tonight. Already filed a Police report with serial #, so hopefully something pops up. Its a pretty unique bike.

It was stolen at my house, I live near Glendale and the I-17. We've been having a lot of crime in our area lately. Yep, just the bike.

Thanks guys!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Sorry guys, been busy.
I had put the word out about the bike, dropped off some flyers at the Pig and Rage.
Well, a buddy of mine had also contacted Ryan at Kore Bikes. He called me out of the blue, said a good customer of his called asking about a GT some crackhead was trying to sell him. The guy was looking for a quick sale, so Ryan told his customer to get the bike from the guy, it had been stolen. He called me, they verified it was the right bike, he gave me his customer's number. I called him, he was right near where I work, so I rolled down and picked it up.

Sorry, no beat downs, no justice...but I got the bike back with no damage except for a brake that needs to be bled.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Awesome!

Too familiar of a story here in the Valley of the Stem.

Cheers to Ryan!
HUGE props to Ryan. This wouldn't have happened without him.

I told everyone "I bet a tweaker stole it". Everyone said "no, no way".
Sure enough, some crackhead trying to sell a $4K+ bike for $160 for a fix...