Quantcast

Incoming Virginia Tech Freshman, you're invited to join our biking club.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I am Jason D. I'm a representative of the Freeride Club at Virginia Tech. I am a former student turned full time employee of Virginia Tech and my friend's in the club are all students. We welcome you to our great university. Now here's a bit of information on our club.

We participate in Downhill, Mountain cross and Dual slalom racing. We also like to promote "freeriding" to use such a vague term. When we're not racing, we're riding. We have weekly shuttle rides at our local trails on Brush Mountain, which is about 10 minutes[by car] west of Virginia Tech. We also hold rides around town and campus. We also like to ride in the city of Roanoke, Va. with some local friends down there.

The races we attend are all around the mid-atlantic region. During the racing season, we also make trips to Snowshoe, West Virginia and ride the mountain bike park and all the downhill trails there.

We currently only have one sponsor, Michelin Tires. For 2006, we will be trying to land a few more sponsors to include our home bike shop, East Coasters.

Interested riders of all skill levels are welcome to join the club. There are no inherent fees. The only things you pay for are the club jersey[has your name and #], which you can choose to not purchase, and for ordering a set of tires from Michelin. Both items get ordered before every new season. The jerseys we buy in bulk from Walmart, then we get graphics and logos done at a local shop near campus. The tires, we order as a team and you can select two of any tire in the current Michelin catalogue at shop cost. The tires take about 4-6 weeks to get delivered so we always do this in a single order.

Again, our website is here: http://www.freeride.org.vt.edu/index.php
Feel free to sign up and introduce yourself on the club forums.

any questions or comments can be posted on the website

Cheers!

*also, if our club isn't your thing, you could try here:
Virginia Tech Cycling Team/Club

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Unfortunately I wont be attending VT next fall, but a buddy of mine is and he rips. If you look at my post in the barhump thread in the freeride section, that's him. he's hella fast man. I hope to come ride brush mtn with you guys soon. Also, if there are some 661 elbow pads in chris' truck, they're mine. Later

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Jayridesacove said:
Oh yea, who won the ACC football championship? In their first year in the ACC?

Virginia Tech? Yea!

who had Michael Vick - the SOLE reason they won?

oh yea, Virginia Tech. that's right.

how have they been doing since he left? oh yea...that's right.

:thumb:

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
AlmostHeaven said:
who had Michael Vick - the SOLE reason they won?

oh yea, Virginia Tech. that's right.

how have they been doing since he left? oh yea...that's right.

:thumb:

haha man ur a funny guy, must be stuck in time back in 1999 or whatever.

we won the ACC LAST SEASON dood

-MV

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
wannabeabonedoc said:
Unfortunately I wont be attending VT next fall, but a buddy of mine is and he rips. If you look at my post in the barhump thread in the freeride section, that's him. he's hella fast man.

Wow, thanks for the good introduction, Pete.

I'll be at tech in the engineering school next year. I'm definitly looking forward to riding with the freeride club.

I'm heading up to snowshoe for monster park, so it would be cool to ride with a few of the club members. I'll be riding either a green voodoo hardtail or a black supergo weyless bike. Is there any way I can identify you guys?