Quantcast

Independence Weekend at Plattekill Bike Park-ESC#4-GES#3-Info-Schedule-Course Pics

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i don't even know anybody in this photo, but the picture is priceless

how did this get here i don't even know i'm not good with computers.

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
On the note of the fireworks... Any bottle rockets shot at passing vehicles (on accident, of course!) this weekend, too?! LOL

Plattekill

Chimp
Jul 6, 2010
An open message to all the racers who participated in this weekend’s race at Platty.

First and foremost thanks to all the racers who came out for this past weekends GE races at Plattekill and supported our event. This year we pulled out all the stops in terms of race course and trail design and have ironically put a huge investment into our new timing system. For this reason I personally wanted to comment to MasterofGrom's post calling our system "inept", “pathetic”, and accusations of "fabricating” times. We have been running races for 17 years and would NEVER make up times, EVER. When we have any question as to the validity of a time, which rarely happens here, racers are asked to rerun, we NEVER make up times. MasterofGroms, and to anyone who would like to see it, we have the backup tape to prove it. I take GREAT OFFENSE to this comment and I am really surprised someone would say this. I can only hope that it’s not someone that has been racing here for years and knows our track record of accuracy.

On that note, I wanted to personally apologize for the delay at the start (although it was an injury on the pro course just before race start) and for the re-runs that certain racers had to take Sunday, which was only 10 or 11 riders out of 202. I feel it necessary to explain what happened especially since our first race of the season, the Pro GRT, ran flawlessly with the new system. I spent Monday after the race working with the programmer of our new system to figure out what happened, set up a fictitious race and ran 200+ racers through the system. The result: we found out that the power company in our area was having brown-outs due to the hot temps and excessive use on the grid and the voltage to the mountain was dropping by more than the allowable 10% on several occasions. Hence, during those voltage drop occasions the impulse generator would quit for a split second and stop communicating with the PC and the 5 or 6 racers on the course at that time were lost in space. (This is also why the lift was slowing down unexpectedly on several occasions). To prevent this from ever happening again, we have invested $1500 to purchase an APC-UPS unit, which is an uninterrupted power supply, specifically for the timing system so that this does not happen again. It’s on order and will be here in a week.

To the racers that had to do reruns, I would like to offer a FREE RACE ENTRY and practice day lift ticket for our next race August 20-22, the World-Cup Warm-up. As I said before, I am sorry and want to make it right. Lastly I would also like to thank Dan of the GES series for handling this situation with professionalism and courtesy to a fellow promoter, as only a fellow promoter knows what its like when things go wrong. Thanks Dan.

Again, my apologies for these unfortunate circumstances that occurred. If anyone would like to discuss this with me anytime please call or email anytime.

With heartfelt regards,
Laszlo Vajtay – Race Director and GM
Plattekill Mountain

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
great apology! that is more then generous to offer free entry to those who needed re runs. as for the fabricating times i would love to know what evidence he had to accuse that but i dont think that was the case. Plattekill has always been one of my favorite places to race because of how they handle everything. Great prices and good courses. people need to understand every once and a while $h!t happens
:cheers:
keep it up laz

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
But, did use the rocks as a slide into the water?! So much fun!

Where I'm going with this, is there were a group of us there on Friday, too.. That leaves it wide open! ;)
I wish I found a swimhole like that at Highland! I stayed on highland lake w/ boat & skis and so on, but it just aint the same!

:rant:

JackTrade

Chimp
Jul 1, 2010
I wish I found a swimhole like that at Highland! I stayed on highland lake w/ boat & skis and so on, but it just aint the same!

:rant:
According to the Tilton area locals, there is a swimming hole somewhere up there near Highland. Ask around next time you're there.