Quantcast

Independent Fabrication Deluxe two nine er

ErrantGorgon

Chimp
Mar 12, 2008
Came out really nice. I think I got a sneak peek of it on the Speedgoat.com gallery about a week or so ago. This was a Speedgoat purchase right?
Yes, I went through Speedgoat. They treated me great. I would build another bike through them.

ErrantGorgon

Chimp
Mar 12, 2008
Wow, that is one nice 29er. How are the hopes? Is that a Ti post??
The hopes are feeling better with each ride. Out of the box they left plenty to be desired. Now that they are breaking in a bit I really like them. The post is an Eriksen ti post.

On A Quest

Chimp
Jul 11, 2008
The Hills of Vermont
hmm, i want to build a ss 29er, what frame would you recommend if i want the total to be around $2000-$3000? The frame is the most expensive part right? I would probly want XT components and a Fox F29 fork, so is there a frame that cheap that is still good quality?

CaliBuddha

Chimp
Jul 27, 2008
I had to join this forum so I could let you know how awesome your ride is! Congrats on the IF, they are beautiful bikes. Im sure you already know that though.

mudpie

Chimp
Aug 4, 2006
Hey Mudpie - how are you liking the Luv Bars and the Rody/Groovy Fork combo???
After plenty of time to review, it is by far the best combo for rigid that I have had. I did have a steel frame with carbon fork and bar that comes in a close 2nd but the steel/steel and foam grip combo does the job here in western north carolina...luv it

www.ninerpro.com

:cheers:

Last edited:

ErrantGorgon

Chimp
Mar 12, 2008
That post on the "other" site really got people fired up. I need to learn to quit stirring the pot. By the way, while the RR 2.25 is not as plump on the arch, the Mt King 2.4 is a great fit. I've really liked that one on the rear.

mudpie

Chimp
Aug 4, 2006
That post on the "other" site really got people fired up. I need to learn to quit stirring the pot. By the way, while the RR 2.25 is not as plump on the arch, the Mt King 2.4 is a great fit. I've really liked that one on the rear.
Thank you for the info....

Eddie Jones

Chimp
Jan 19, 2008
Alabama
Eddie, would you mind sharing a list of components and maybe total pricing? That's one cool looking ride man.
It is the Steel Deluxe 29er SS specific. Carbon Black. As you see it has:
Jones H-bars
King Headset
Thomson Stem
Thomson Seatpost
WTB Laser V Saddle
El Camino brakes
King SS hubs
Gear ratio is 34/20 (I have King cogs 20/19/17)
Salsa Delgado rims
Truvativ SS crank (Soon to be Middleburn)
WB Magic 80 Fork
Time ATAC XS Carbon pedals
Double butted spokes as I am a heavyweight and they tend to break less if they can flex.
Edge 205 GPS system
Salsa front skewer
King bolt on rear
I run it mostly with Nevegal front/Saguaro rear

Total build on the bike was about $5900.00.....I know that sounds like a lot but it has never, ever, had a problem when riding and has given me untold joy. I have a Titus Motolite and a Specialized Enduro that have went unridden because I love this bike so much. I will tell you also that it is totally worth having a custom fitted bike because when you mount it everything just fits perfect. The handlebars just fall into place and the saddle is in the perfect place in relation to your cranks. The Jones bars allow me to stand and hammer while swaying the bike from side to side....I know it ain't perfect form, but sometimes it is necessary to do it on some of the climbs. I love it more than any other and if I could have only one bike....this would be it

Last edited:

Eddie Jones

Chimp
Jan 19, 2008
Alabama
And do you like it on a mountain bike?

Those Geax Tires look nice and "cushy"
Actually, believe it or not it felt great without being broken in....I also have one on my Surly CrossCheck which feels outstanding as well. I use the Geax only on the rear generally paired up with a Nev or Rampage front. They are cushy and the best rear I have ever used

KonaKruiser

Chimp
Apr 29, 2009
Candler, NC
Could you send me some photos of this sweet ride ? I'm in the market for a 29'er (it's the only genre I haven't delved into). Would love to know what you think about it as well. I heard you can get away with murder on a 29'er, and they're easier to ride. What's your take ?