Quantcast

Industrial Hemp

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
NORML is concerned with getting high legally.

Vote Hemp is a non-profit organization dedicated to the acceptance of and free market for Industrial Hemp. Industrial Hemp is non-psychoactive low THC varieties of the cannabis sativa plant...........Where does it say we just wanna get high?

Your opinion is shallow minded. Wake up.
It would be interesting to see how many of "vote hemp's" members and contributors are also members of "Norml".

Stoners just trying to get legitimacy for getting stoned.

As I said before most stoners appear to be less concerned with legality that legitimacy. They want people like me to make right what they know is wrong.

I agree with the use of industrial hemp. I however question the motivation for support of most people who are also pot smokers.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Damn True
As I said before most stoners appear to be less concerned with legality that legitimacy. They want people like me to make right what they know is wrong.

True, as much as I love you, I really don't care what you think of my actions. I don't look to ppl like you at all to give me legitimacy or credence to what I do or believe. That's like saying I actually worry about what Burlysurly says as well.;)

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Lucee
True, as much as I love you, I really don't care what you think of my actions. I don't look to ppl like you at all to give me legitimacy or credence to what I do or believe. That's like saying I actually worry about what Burlysurly says as well.;)
ahahha yeah and anyone gonna say anything bout lucee is full on open to flaming by ME suckas :angry: :devil: :D hahah

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
It would be interesting to see how many of "vote hemp's" members and contributors are also members of "Norml".

Stoners just trying to get legitimacy for getting stoned.

I agree with the use of industrial hemp. I however question the motivation for support of most people who are also pot smokers.
I've been a Vote Hemp supporter since I started farming, I have since quit farming (relying on mother nature for your living sucks) but still support Vote Hemp because I truly believe it would be a part of a profitable, environmentaly solution to a number of issues we face and will face in the future. A very large number of supporters of the Hemp Movement are farmers, simply because hemp would be a profitable crop. I have never given a dime to NORML.

True, Surly, provide some evidence. Justify your words. Show me where it says that pro-hemp supporters are just a bunch of stoners. Simply saying "Stoners and hemp supporters are the same thing" is like saying "freeriders and XC riders are the same thing". Opinions are a dime a dozen. Without support, it's just fingers banging a keyboard making ones and zeros for not.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Wow,

You seem to be on an anti-me mission tonight. I'm glad i make you laugh by the way. So what now? Im apparently on some mad spree of trying to gain posts, and thats why i said what i said? I could certainly say alot shorter and less meaningful things if that were the case to begin with, but why would i be trying to gain alot of posts anyway? Are they worth something? Can i sell them for money? What the christ are you talking about?

i wuz tryin to make u laugh...

Oh, and i know you dont smoke pot because you support industrial hemp, its because you like to get high. Just like most of these other guys.
...not true. i smoke for my own reasons, and you'd have to be me to understand. i've thought a lot about what goes on in this world, and i say that there are too many rules out there either for the benefit of having made a rule, or someone - besides you or me - gets rich off said rule.

i don't like to get high. i feel tremendous guilt when i'm high because society has told me that i'm suppose to feel that way.

i support issues that make sense. i've been around and listened to all the arguments, and i can tell what makes sense and what doesn't. fear is the issue about MJ that plagues society. know that there is something better out there, despite what you are told to believe. read between the lines, friend....

its all about keeping an economy going. producing hemp is just like building a car that's meant to survive accidents. the system was designed to make things work in the best way possible, but now its just seeing how much money you can take away from a lot of people. go with the common opinion that hemp is bad, for you're supporting the status quo. we've done so much with so very little that we can now accomplish things with absolutely nothing. i'd much rather live in a sustainable society as opposed to this capitalist crap... but that would make me a communist, and we all know how bad that is.

i'm not out to get you, btw BS. i'm just here to make you look bad :devil: :eek: :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by slein

i'm not out to get you, btw BS. i'm just here to make you look bad
What a motive.....

Anyway...I feel like this horse is bruised, battered and bleeding, but could always use another whack.

I find it odd that people always seem to think my opinions are based on some anti-drug marketing campaign that society has collectively swallowed and taken as gossip.
It seems that no one can believe anothers opinion is based on his true feelings toward a situation after much thought and deliberation, and personal experience, but that his opinion was given to him just like so many others, simply because he agrees with those who make the rules.

For one last time then: My opinion is my own. Judge it as only that, not what you're predisposed and accustomed to assuming.

You think fear rules over society, and that the common man just accepts what he is told and his mind never wanders. How dare you place yourselves upon such a pedestal? The problem with such radical revolution is that it overlooks the feelings of the common man, and replaces it with those who believe they know more what is right than everyone else. Many of your elitist ideals appear to appeal to the everyday joe, yet you insist he knows not what is good for him. Who are you to judge?
This change that you all seem to be hoping for, regardless of its motive or intent is not the change the world wants, nor is it a change the world will likely see.

Put all the hippies you want in front of the white house with their dred locks and hemp bracelets and their pickot signs and their petrulie soaked clothes and they will continue to accomplish nothing. They contribute none to the everyday life of the everyday man, and so they get no respect from him. He works day in and day out for his 374 channels of cable and his $30K SUV, and he'll be damned if some hippie's gunna do anything take away what he's earned.

This movement was dead before it began. Ideas are never bad, but not all should come to pass as changes for society.

Keep smoking.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA

You think fear rules over society, and that the common man just accepts what he is told and his mind never wanders. How dare you place yourselves upon such a pedestal? The problem with such radical revolution is that it overlooks the feelings of the common man, and replaces it with those who believe they know more what is right than everyone else. Many of your elitist ideals appear to appeal to the everyday joe, yet you insist he knows not what is good for him. Who are you to judge?
I hate to point this out, but the founding principle of a republic is that a select few have the power to decide things FOR the "common man." The idea is that these representatives have more knowledge (through education or experience) and talent in regards to socio-political issues than the "common man," but also have the best interests of the "common man" in mind. Unfortunately, neither is true anymore.

I have no problem placing myself on the same pedestal on which you seem perfectly willing to place current politicians, who are nothing more than self-interested and overly-privileged babies who have succeeded precisely BECAUSE of their ability to influence (manipulate) the views and opinions of their constituents.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by ohio

I have no problem placing myself on the same pedestal on which you seem perfectly willing to place current politicians, who are nothing more than self-interested and overly-privileged babies who have succeeded precisely BECAUSE of their ability to influence (manipulate) the views and opinions of their constituents.
This is exactly what im talking about. EVEN IF, you were right, you choose to belittle the intelligence of those who do not agree with you by trashing the elected officials they "elected" Yes, the choices are limited, but the majority spoke. The majority didnt say "we love ralph nader" or "we hate oil." they said, "we want jobs," "we want security"
Man is in it for himself. Live with it.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
EVEN IF, you were right, you choose to belittle the intelligence of those who do not agree with you

Man is in it for himself. Live with it.
I'm not attacking a lack of intelligence. I'm attacking a lack of knowledge. I choose not to "live with" the ignorance of others. If I can expose untruths, or provide valid information to those who lacked it, I will. From the other angle, any chances I have to LEARN, to fill in the gaps in my knowledge, I will take them. I don't consider it an insult to my intelligence when someone knows more than I do, I consider it an opportunity.

I would never claim your "common man" is stupid. I claim that we are all being lied to. Some people believe those lies because no one has ever given them reason to do otherwise, and our entire social structure teaches complacency and gullibility.

So, how can you claim to argue a moral stance, but be perfectly content with man being "in it for himself?" After all, drug dealers are only in it for themselves. "Just trying to make a living, yo."

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I'm not attacking a lack of intelligence. I'm attacking a lack of knowledge. I choose not to "live with" the ignorance of others. If I can expose untruths, or provide valid information to those who lacked it, I will.
All you've provided thus far is a willingness to disagree with everything most others believe in. I would never discourage anyone from questioning the powers that be, as that's all we have to keep them in check, but being wrong for the sake of being different certainly has its limits.

Man is in it for himself. There are always going to be a few rotten apples, but i believe the everyday man is not the kind that wants to make a living harming others. This is why society hates drug dealers.

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
I'm not attacking a lack of intelligence. I'm attacking a lack of knowledge. I choose not to "live with" the ignorance of others. If I can expose untruths, or provide valid information to those who lacked it, I will. From the other angle, any chances I have to LEARN, to fill in the gaps in my knowledge, I will take them. I don't consider it an insult to my intelligence when someone knows more than I do, I consider it an opportunity.

I would never claim your "common man" is stupid. I claim that we are all being lied to. Some people believe those lies because no one has ever given them reason to do otherwise, and our entire social structure teaches complacency and gullibility.

So, how can you claim to argue a moral stance, but be perfectly content with man being "in it for himself?" After all, drug dealers are only in it for themselves. "Just trying to make a living, yo."
Getting people to do things to make improvements is the key. The majority know whats wrong they just don't know how or want to make the effort to change it.

The only way I can see is to rip out the whole government structure and start again with a system where decent people want and can get in a posistion to be voted for.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by D_D
Getting people to do things to make improvements is the key. The majority know whats wrong they just don't know how or want to make the effort to change it.

The only way I can see is to rip out the whole government structure and start again with a system where decent people want and can get in a posistion to be voted for.
Ahem. The UK only gets to tell Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Canada, and Australia how to run their countries. We aren't a colony any longer.:D

.......a fact that really cheeses the canucks.:D :D

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Ok, I think the biggest battle here is knowledge of what Hemp is. As you can see Hemp is not separate from pot in many peoples mind. I don't know the difference myself except what I have read and I am sure as hell not going to do a search at work to find out more information. Hemp does have industrial benefits, Ok so how do you make it possible for the world to see that? First it needs to be separated from Marijuana. People need to know when they talk about Hemp they are NOT talking about Pot. I know there are benefits; I also know little else about the subject. I suspect that a lot of people in America are in the same boat. If you want to make a difference you need to find a way to show the masses what Hemp is and what the typical misconceptions are about it and what it's benefits are. If you can do that then the ability to legalize the farming of it and industrial uses of it will be more in reach. But protests and forums are not the way to do it. Advertising is however. Television commercials, magazine ads and the like. It would have to show the "common man" the FINANCIAL benefits. I would be willing to bet that with the proper organization and tactics something could be accomplished.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Airborne
i love the hemp wallet i put the US Notes in!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't US bills used to be printed ON HEMP PAPER???

Burlysurly, forgive me, but in my HUMBLE OPINION, you are a Nazi.

Triphop

Chimp
Sep 10, 2002

Man is in it for himself. There are always going to be a few rotten apples, but i believe the everyday man is not the kind that wants to make a living harming others. This is why society hates drug dealers.
Nonsense. People don't like drug dealers because they are taught to not like drug dealers. Not to mention, that the idea of a drug dealer brings to mind the mental image of a "pusher" rather than a simple supplier, which they are, no one "pushes" drugs, if anything they are "offered". This image of a dirty drug dealer is due to media and government propaganda.

By using your logic about the everyday man not wanting to make a living harming others, as the reason society hates drug dealers, then society would hate Adolf Coors and the Busch family...considering alcohol contributes to more deaths than all the illegal drugs combined. But you don't see that, you see the praise and support of these drug "dealers".

If drugs were legal, the image of your drug dealer would become your local pharmacist.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by bomberz1qr20

Burlysurly, forgive me, but in my HUMBLE OPINION, you are a Nazi.
Dont worry about forgiving me, but in my Humble Opinion, i dont think anything I've said could possibly give anyone with the slightest amount of intelligence that opinion. If you think that every time someone trys to relate to the wants of a majority of people, that its a sign of Nazi'sm, then the world must be full of Nazis to you.
Perhaps you could explain what was Nazi-like in what i've said. Im sure interested.
When you go back and find that nothing lends relevance to your idiotic remark, dont worry about me forgiving you. I really dont care.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Triphop

If drugs were legal, the image of your drug dealer would become your local pharmacist.
Nonsense?

People dont like drug dealers because they sell crack to pregnant women and 10-year-olds. The image of a drug dealer as painted by the government is not needed. Its plainly evident in everyday life and pop culture (see your local rap artist).

This alchohol scapegoat that you all hide behind is laughable at best. If drugs were made legal, they would certainly cause more deaths per year than they do now. Why would we want that? Two wrongs never make a right.

Oh, before anyone whines, yes i know not all rappers are drug dealers and i dont care if you got offended or not.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
it seems i hit yo' soft spot....

What a motive.....

.... yep, that's me: a rebel with a cause.

I find it odd that people always seem to think my opinions are based on some anti-drug marketing campaign that society has collectively swallowed and taken as gossip.

.... ru sayin they ain't?

It seems that no one can believe another's opinion is based on his true feelings toward a situation after much thought and deliberation, and personal experience, but that his opinion was given to him just like so many others, simply because he agrees with those who make the rules.

.... and where did your true feelings come from? some issues with hippies? and fyi, i'm not a hippie, yet i can see things from a realistic angle. everyone has the ability to question why things are they way they are. its all about social change, my friend. there was a time when women were granted suffrage, for they were legally recognised as persons.

For one last time then: My opinion is my own. Judge it as only that, not what you're predisposed and accustomed to assuming.

.... dude, its your right to have an opinion. yet, where do you draw the line? consuming MJ is a victimless crime. it doesn't do anything to the anti-hippie squares.

.... i haven't judged anyone, and i'll be the last person to do it. fear does rule society, especially in a capitalist empire. its all about keeping the other person down, taking from them without giving anything back. i haven't placed myself on any pedestal, for i'm just calling things the way i can see them. my ideals aren't elitist, for they are for this "common man" that you speak of. my insistence stems from the desire to make the world a better place, so that everyone is free to make their own decisions.... people should do whatever they want to do if it makes them happy, yet not harm anyone else while doing so.

This change that you all seem to be hoping for, regardless of its motive or intent is not the change the world wants, nor is it a change the world will likely see.

... the world you speak of may be your own world. how dare you put yourself upon such a pedestal?

Keep smoking.
can't smoke right now... i'm taking a break from MJ. thanks though.... i'll let you try my bud some day (but i will never force it on you)

answer this, BS: why is hemp illegal? how does it cause hurt or harm to anyone or anything? sure its all rhetoric, and it doesn't have to be that way. i don't want to say why it was made illegal, for its seems to be a law put in place for the sake of having a law. wouldn't you agree?

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
Ahem. The UK only gets to tell Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Canada, and Australia how to run their countries. We aren't a colony any longer.:D

.......a fact that really cheeses the canucks.:D :D
FYI, Canada is no longer a part of the United Kingdom. we wooped yo' butz in 1812 too...

go hemp go!

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
they are similar plants. they are both from the same genus.

MJ has lots of the psychoactive THC, yet hemp doesn't have that much of it.

can you tell the difference? not really by looking at them.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by slein
they are similar plants. they are both from the same genus.

MJ has lots of the psychoactive THC, yet hemp doesn't have that much of it.

can you tell the difference? not really by looking at them.
Well i think you answered part of your own question there.
The other part is that, with the similarities, it becomes easier for drugs to move and stoners to get high, and dealers to get rich and old ladies to get robbed. Use your heads folks.

I dont have a soft spot Slein.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
The other part is that, with the similarities, it becomes easier for drugs to move and stoners to get high, and dealers to get rich and old ladies to get robbed. Use your heads folks.

#1 Hemp wouldn't be sold in a Zip-Loc bag.

#2 Marijuana wouldn't be sold in a semi trailer.

Easier to move? How so? Or is this just another unjustified opinion?

TRUCKLOADS OF POT FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
All you've provided thus far is a willingness to disagree with everything most others believe in... but being wrong for the sake of being different certainly has its limits.

Man is in it for himself.... the everyday man is not the kind that wants to make a living harming others.
Excuse me for not basing my opinion on whether or not it agrees with other people. I guess I base my opinions on facts... how unfortunate. Whether I fall in line with a majority or a minority is not really a concern of mine.

Your second statement is an outrageous contradiction.

Triphop

Chimp
Sep 10, 2002
Nonsense?

People dont like drug dealers because they sell crack to pregnant women and 10-year-olds. The image of a drug dealer as painted by the government is not needed. Its plainly evident in everyday life and pop culture (see your local rap artist).

This alchohol scapegoat that you all hide behind is laughable at best. If drugs were made legal, they would certainly cause more deaths per year than they do now. Why would we want that? Two wrongs never make a right.

Oh, before anyone whines, yes i know not all rappers are drug dealers and i dont care if you got offended or not.
The alcohol argument is not a scapegoat. How can you say that? Alcohol is as dangerous as most illegal drugs, certainly responsible for more deaths. Alcohol has just become an accepted part of society and society has become acceptant of its dangers, and the damages it is responsible for. As for legalization causing more deaths, that is a nonsensical argument as well. Drugs are easily available as it is, people will do drugs if they want to do drugs, just because they are made legal (hence more controlled ditribution), doesn't mean everyone is going to run out and start doing them.

You can't blame the drug dealer for who he sells to, he is out for himself remember? Just as every other common man. You should point the finger at the irresponsible pregnant mother or the parent of the 10 year old. Do you blame the 16 year old working at the 7-11 for selling cigarettesto the pregnant mother? Poeple are responsible for their own actions, we need to stop blaming those who take advantage of other people's vices.

As for the the hemp vs. pot similarities, there are practically none, except they are in the same genus as stated before. MJ looks completely diffrent as the plant is grown to produce the part which is smoked, the female flower. Hemp on the other hand is a tall scraggly fibrous plant, much different looking than marijuana plants, which are very bushy with flowers. Hemp is kept illegal due to lobbyists for the textile industrues which hemp would compete with.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Excuse me for not basing my opinion on whether or not it agrees with other people. I guess I base my opinions on facts... how unfortunate. Whether I fall in line with a majority or a minority is not really a concern of mine.

Your second statement is an outrageous contradiction.

You missed my point. Im not saying that you should agree for the sake of falling in line at all, Im just saying that its wrong to disagree just for the sake of trying to be different all the time. Its trite, time consuming and pointless.

My second statement isnt a contradiction. I dont see how you think that just because everyone wants to make it in life, that they want to go about it wrongly. Thats another one of those opinions i guess.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
prior post by BS

yup, and movies become better. riding can improve. flowers are important. conversation flows. there are smiles all-around, for everything is funny. creativity increases...

hmmm... maybe that's it?

although, you get the munchies (that's why i eat before i smoke). pot makes you dumb (but i'm too smart to begin with). it stinks (so do farts and BO, yet they happen anyway).

dang, now i'm confused. might as well start rollin... if it weren't for my self-imposed break from MJ.

no soft spot, eh? true or not, BS, you're a decent fellow.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
another opinion from by BS
You missed my point. Im not saying that you should agree for the sake of falling in line at all, Im just saying that its wrong to disagree just for the sake of trying to be different all the time. Its trite, time consuming and pointless.[/i]
if you say so.... i guess that's what freedom is all about. freedom to say stuff and do stuff, so long as it doesn't impinge upon someone's else's feelings. or, is that too soft?

My second statement isnt a contradiction. I dont see how you think that just because everyone wants to make it in life, that they want to go about it wrongly. Thats another one of those opinions i guess.
how is it wrong to go about life in a fashion that lets you explore your ability to reason and discover? the only way i see that happening is if you become a burden to society. we are inundated with miscellaneous information everyday, and the path we choose is influenced by what we see around us. there is so much opportunity in the world for us and everything that its a shame to be limited by a silly law that doesn't make sense. the proof for these laws are waning, and its about time we all opened our eyes to see what's going on.

BS, do you think i'm some sort of hippie? i do use soap, y'know.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
I love this assertion. Paraphrasing, "By virtue of the fact that I smoke pot I am vastly more enlightend about the realities of life."

Bwahahahahaha.

Dumbass. Pot numbs you to the realities of life.

Sorry, but life is too cool for me to numb myself to it.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
pot doesn't do that, dumbass. :cool:

the point that was being made was that opportunities (every opportunity, not just consuming MJ) should never be stunted; unless you are going to cause hurt or harm to someone or something else. call the high whatever you want... your reaction is your reaction. the same transformation of mind comes from everything you do: high on life? high on sumthin...

nuthin is more virtuous than some dude talking about something they know little about. :p

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
You missed my point. Im not saying that you should agree for the sake of falling in line at all, Im just saying that its wrong to disagree just for the sake of trying to be different all the time. Its trite, time consuming and pointless.

I didn't miss your point at all. I'm saying that I don't disagree for the sake of disagreeing. I disagree when my knowledge/beliefs point me to a different conclusion than others. That is, um, the nature of disagreement. I don't do it for image, and I have little respect for people that do. I find it pretty insulting that after reading my arguments, that is the response you came up with.

And I don't know how you can claim the whole world agrees with you, except for a few deviants, when clearly you are in the minority in this thread... (I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that being in the minority doesn't make you right or wrong, it just makes you in the minority).

Your second statement is a contradiction:
Assertion 1: man is in it for himself.
Assertion 2: man cares about others.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
(I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that being in the minority doesn't make you right or wrong, it just makes you in the minority).

Your second statement is a contradiction:
Assertion 1: man is in it for himself.
Assertion 2: man cares about others.
A contradiction would be.

Man is in it for himself. Man is not in it for himself.

One can want to attain a goal and care about others along the way. Most of us do it every day. Why is that so hard to believe?

Im not sure this forum would be considered a good cross section of society as a whole. My being the minority is an exception.

I dont mean to insult you, its just that ive been given no sense of reason from you whatsoever. Why would i think otherwise?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA

One can want to attain a goal and care about others along the way. Most of us do it every day. Why is that so hard to believe?
That isn't so hard to believe, in fact I agree with it. But it's not what you wrote.

"Man is in it for himself" is an absolute. It means his sole purpose is his own personal gain. If this is the case, any benefit or damage to those around him is purely incidental. If he cares about others, than there will be times when he alters his actions so that either he doesn't benefit as fully as he could so that others might, or he doesn't benefit at all. In that case, he is not in it for himself.

The exception is the truly moral individual, who sees the spiritual and emotional benefits of improving the world around him as more valuable than any material gains. In that case the two conditions are no longer mutually exclusive.

I hate to keep re-hashing this, especially if means an insulting response from you that demonstrates you haven't read a word I've written...

I never claimed this forum is a cross-section. I was merely pointing out that though it might feel like YOU speak for the common man, you have no more right to make that claim than I do. However, I don't claim to speak FOR anyone but myself - I claim that I can apply myself to the benefit of those around me. I can't understand why that upsets you so.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I dont upset.:)

Im also not claiming to say that my opinion is exactly that of the majority of the world. Im just saying that the majority happens to agree with me on this issue. Look at the numbers friend.

Ive read every single word you've written, probably many times over in fact, because i dont wanna be blindsided in argument by something i skipped over.

About the nature of man thing, what you inferred from what i wrote is not as i meant it. I still feel that even though every man wants to achieve his goal and that is his main focus, he still has a moral side. The fact that he cares actually does prohibit him from his goal on occasion. Thats not to say its a bad thing. Its actually what i think seperates us from animals and canadians.

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
why is it so hard for a new industry to get a foothold? it seems as if thier product is so new and awesome they wouldnt have any trouble getting funding and loans and when they get going wouldnt it just be a matter of public education on the product before the supply and demand aspect of bussiness took over? some one enlighten me

Eddie420

Chimp
Dec 26, 2001
Sydney,Australia

Im also not claiming to say that my opinion is exactly that of the majority of the world. Im just saying that the majority happens to agree with me on this issue. Look at the numbers friend.

Yeh, the majority probably do agree with you on this issue(not in this thread), however that's because they believe what they were told by government,schools etc. (Spare me,I don't believe your with this group) Or most probably they couldn't give a **** as long as they have their 374 channels of cable and their 30k SUV.....
I know...this is a cynical view of the world but hey...

Hemp is useful that's undisputable......

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Im just saying that the majority happens to agree with me on this issue. Look at the numbers friend.
That's better. I get very annoyed when people speak in absolutes.

I never claimed the majority wants legalization. I was just pointing out that right and wrong are issues completely independent of majority and minority opinion. I think you read that assertion to mean "minority is always right; majority is always wrong" which is neither what I said nor what I believe.