Quantcast

Info on Asheville, NC? moving there.

holyrider

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
Hey guys. I am thinking about moving to Asheville, NC and I was wondering if anyone had any info on the DH rides there and if you knew of any local shops looking to hire at all. Just looking for some info on the area. Live in Norhten California now and I need a change.
Thanks for the info

-Brian

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh man im proud to say that i am an asheville local. i dont know of any shops that are hiring but there are plenty of dh runs to be had. well that is if you dont mind a little bit of a push. me and my crew are ridding pretty much every sunday and we shuttle pretty much everything that we ride, or atleast if we can afford the gas for that week lol. ohh and butch and jeremy will probly chime in here in a little bit so there is plenty of dh to be had around the area you just got to hook up with the right peps around the area. so hope this helps man and ill talk to you later man. take it easy and when are you planning on moving over here. when ever im in town your more than welcome to join us in a ride man. well take it easy.

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
Check with Liberty bikes. ask for Gary. He is the service mgr. Its an upscale road bike and some mountian bike stuff shop! I used to work there and it is great! Besides, Asheville is home to Morewood Bikes and Indusrty nine and Cane Creek and a bunch of hippies and Bizutch and dirt and people that ride stuff.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
couldnt have said it better tom, but yeh deffinatly hit up liberty for a job its huge shop and im sure there always looking for experianced mechanics. ohh and where exactly in asheville are you looking at houses. i mean are you gonna be close to downtown or more towards black mountain. well hope it works out for you man and you got anymore questions man just hit me up and ill help out anyway that i can.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
no DH here...I'm a roadie now...did 30 miles like it was nothing yesterday...selling the Demo, the hardtail...gonna buy some Ti stuff and aero bars...maybe a skinsuit...in the market for a Powertap and Heart Rate monitor while I'm at it. Anybody know how many grams I can shave off my road bike with a Ti water bottle cage? :devil:

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
Yeah! You finally sold the fat tired bike of yours. I selling mine too. If you love road bikes move here, If you love dh, don't!!!!JK