Quantcast

Installed some Amp Research steps on my parents new truck...nice product.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My parents just picked up their 2011 Diesel F-250 XLT as part of their retirement plan. I've always been the family mechanic, so my dad asked me about steps. My mom needed something so she could actually get in and out of the truck. They ended up buying the Amp Research steps and I got them installed this weekend. I was really impressed with the whole system. Very well thought out, designed and packaged. They fold completely up under the truck body when the doors are closed and swing out when you open it. The lights are tiny LEDs and quite a bit brighter than I tought they would be. Almost looks like neon...

On a side note, the truck is awesome. It's a new 6.7 liter twin turbo diesel motor. Quite a bit more power than my 2001 7.3 had, even with a chip and exhaust. They are purchasing a cab over camper for it in January, which should make for some good bike trips :D

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
confederate flag applique for the rear window? :rofl:
Only if I can get the one that covers the entire rear window.

It's not what I would put on my own truck, but my parents are getting older and my mom couldn't even get in to the damn thing without some sort of step. These are nice because they actually swing down and out and have a wide platform to step on. After they retire in a few years it's going to be their tour the country rig.

so you installed them or you had them installed?
I installed them. Pretty straightforward. The steps just bolt in, then they have a pre-made wiring harness that you run.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How far they've fallen:

Probably a lot more profitable now, however.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Those are slick.

I was blown away at how much faster GFF's rig is than my 7.3. He has done some work to his rig (mine is stock) but his is also a dually quad cab vs. my standard cab long bed, so he has a lot more GVW, too.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
the new 6.7's are even faster
The thing is pretty rediculous for a stock truck, especially at that size. I was surprised how quick it was. Ton of power down low not waiting for the turbos to build boost like on the 7.3. It seems like it will be a really nice motor if the reliability is there. It is definitely faster than my chipped 2001 was.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
the new 6.7's are even faster
Don't tell GFF that, he just got them new shinny wheels and stuff. I love his truck, but no way in hell would I drop that kind of coin for a truck. He got an insane deal and STILL way too much for my tight wad ass.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Don't tell GFF that, he just got them new shinny wheels and stuff. I love his truck, but no way in hell would I drop that kind of coin for a truck. He got an insane deal and STILL way too much for my tight wad ass.
its all about the power wars. every new model will keep getting more and moar of it. hell Ford offered a free flash for the new 6.7 to boost the numbers by 10hp/65tq just to beat GM within a few months of it's release. if he's worried about that, then he's gotta keep buying a new truck every year
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/10/super-dutys-power-stroke-diesel-gets-800-lb-ft-of-torque-reflas/