Quantcast

Instruction @ Northstar

MrCrash907

Chimp
Jan 26, 2004
El Bunny, California
http://www2.skinorthstar.com/summer/mtn-biking-camps.html

Has anyone taken that Dirt Camp or the private lessons before?

The program up at Whistler, with its graduated drop offs and all, looks pretty sick. Logistics and finances make a Whistler trip difficult this year, and besides - I'd like to be good enough to take advantage of what Whistler has to offer before actually making it up there.

The Dirt Camp at Northstar is just far more feasible, I was wondering what it offered and what others thought of it.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
the "instructors" at dirt camps are usually not very skilled, local riders. i'd be willing to teach you everything you'd need to know. pm me for details.

MrCrash907

Chimp
Jan 26, 2004
El Bunny, California
Ah, you're down in San Luis Obispo. I was a motorcyclist more than anything else when I lived there.

The most appealing part of heading to Northstar (outside of the lifts) is the fact that my friend, a beginning mountain biker, is also looking to improve her skillset. I was looking forward to learning things on our own respective levels before turning ourselves loose.

Where are the good riding areas in SLO?

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
I was talking with Blair Lombardi at Big Bear this past weekend and she told me she had plans on doing some semiars up at North Star. Now I'm not sure if these are going to be a part of the Noth Star instructional camps or if they'll be just through her. Either way Blair is top notch and has worked with a number of major pros in both DH and XC to produce great results nationally and on the WC level. But you would have to findout from N* if that's what they have planned.