Quantcast

Interbike 2016: What do you want to see?

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
i'm curious about the new DW link 8 suspension system with graffs, slopez and numberz.
i'm guessing he'll add another pivot at the rear axle and one just above it.
basically a DW link 6 with added lawill/split pivot lovechild.

robot bikes DW6 will be ancient tech after IB.

at 2017 IB he'll introduce the DW10 which will add a dual drive rocker to drive the second shorter travel shock to help manage the REALBIG™ hits, ala kestrel rubicon...keep up or be left behind, kids.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'd like to see Yeti [the over-priced coolers] have a booth and totally confuse the industry lizards. Albeit at the same time the dentists will have to have 2.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
As much as I like making fun of crossfit dorks, I must admit I now fully support this activity. Some genius around here figured out that crossfit afficionados like to carry heavy shit around, which coincidentally is something that happens a lot when you build and maintain mtb trails.
BOOM! Free army of diggers for which the harder they work and the heavier the load, the happier they are.
Yay symbiosis!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'd like to see Yeti [the over-priced coolers] have a booth and totally confuse the industry lizards. Albeit at the same time the dentists will have to have 2.
What about a Yeti bike with an integrated Yeti cooler box?

Sep 11, 2015
Interbike aside, what search terms does one use to pull up gifs of this nature? You know, for science.
Creepy Weiner

As much as I like making fun of crossfit dorks, I must admit I now fully support this activity. Some genius around here figured out that crossfit afficionados like to carry heavy shit around, which coincidentally is something that happens a lot when you build and maintain mtb trails.
BOOM! Free army of diggers for which the harder they work and the heavier the load, the happier they are.
Yay symbiosis!
#functionalfitness

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Eavesdropping on the 29er+ marketing meetings, which last year at this time were being hailed as the fleshlight for bike camping, and currently as a square peg getting pounded into a round hole by the increasingly irrelevant Cam McCaul.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Eavesdropping on the 29er+ marketing meetings, which last year at this time were being hailed as the fleshlight for bike camping, and currently as a square peg getting pounded into a round hole by the increasingly irrelevant Cam McCaul.
It's all got to be a plot by someone who wants to go fast, perhaps someone that is really slow, to increase the mass, friction and reduce the acceleration of all other mountain bikes, by forcing them to use fat tires, "plus" sized tires, 40mm rims, extra inner tube systems, etc...

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
It's all got to be a plot by someone who wants to go fast, perhaps someone that is really slow, to increase the mass, friction and reduce the acceleration of all other mountain bikes, by forcing them to use fat tires, "plus" sized tires, 40mm rims, extra inner tube systems, etc...
Someone really wants that KOM at the local 3.25 mile loop.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've come to a similar conclusion, many/most fat / plus bike riders just don't go fast enough to begin with to notice any difference.