Quantcast

Interbike 2016: What do you want to see?

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
This thing fully finished refined painted possibly carbon and the announcement thats they have signed a top 10 rider to put in on the podium.

If Rocky Mountain can take for ever to bring out another DH bike that prob won't sell and have no presence on the WC circuit surely Yeti can trump them haha
p4pb11293360.jpg

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Looks like they need to change the date of interbike if it's going to stay relevant...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Seems like more and more companies run their own demo programs throughout the year these days, making outdoor demo less important in terms of giving people a chance to ride the bikes.

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Interbike used to be huge but has definitely taken the backseat since eurobike came along and that brands start bringing out there new model bikes in September

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The part about getting beat up by RC
Guy needs ball gagged, cuffed and left there.
For the good of mountain bike journalism. No fucking way that twat has ever actually beat anyone up...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Interbike used to be huge but has definitely taken the backseat since eurobike came along and that brands start bringing out there new model bikes in September
most of the upcoming seasons stuff is first shown at sea otter.

also press camps from the big companies (trek, spesh)

Spectre

Chimp
Jan 23, 2014
Personally, I want them to combine Interbike with this -

http://www.ada.org/en/meeting/registration

I mean let's face it, there's no coincidence that these guys developed an electric toothbrush1 and now we have electric "mountain bikes". Might as well get the latest and greatest straight from the source.

1: FYI - In more modern times, electric toothbrushes have been used as a substitute for vibrators for those that wish to avoid embarrassment.
OMG, this is EXACTLY what happened this year with Interbike. hahahahahaha. Looks like I deleted my picture of their meeting sign, but the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) is holding their annual meeting right next to Interbike! Instead of wasting my time with a bunch of skinny dudes with no money, I should be going next door to figure out how to sell $10K wonder bikes to the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons!
AAOMS Meeting.jpg

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Slim,
I will disagree with Becca and Fanatik, they are not so much in the dentist category, though the shop does enjoy selling high end stuff. There are some awesome builds on their site

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
So dental:

I can't wait for the marketing guys to discover the treasure trove that is air resistance. Dentists love reducing air resistance. Lot's of potential to do some innovating.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
So dental:

I can't wait for the marketing guys to discover the treasure trove that is air resistance. Dentists love reducing air resistance. Lot's of potential to do some innovating.
Pah, amateurs! The real dentist knows that there is something substantial missing - no, not a link, dimples, lots of them.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Pah, amateurs! The real dentist knows that there is something substantial missing - no, not a link, dimples, lots of them.
Good lord, i had no idea. With the right enouragement from the marketing department, i have the potential to be just as scared of wind vortices as I am of brake jack and immigrants.

The dimple patterns used on Zipp’s wheels help further by reducing vibrations caused by the wind vortices shedding from the rim. This aids stability, but also reduces rider fatigue.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Well, we have had flattened spokes and similar inanities for more than a while...
Because CX Rays are super light, still strong enough and don't twist during building the wheel because you can hold them with a tool. If not for the price I would build all wheels with them.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So interning really must have sucked, I mean it always kinda sucks, but this year had to be on a new level of suckage. There's virtually no coverage anywhere. There's hardly even any random stupid/useless crap like fat bike specific water bottle cages, this is a new low.