Quantcast

Interesting bike trade

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Long story cut short, I got hurt really bad last week riding trails and said "F it" and put my BMX up for sale on Craigslist, ebay and Pinkbike. Not really what I want to do, but I figure if i get what I am asking then I can buy a dialed complete from my friends shop and have some $$ leftover to pay bills, because i've been out of work for a week now.

Today i was offered a trade for my S&M Randy Brown 2 for a 2009 Transition Bank. Now from what I can tell the Bank is heavily DS/4X/DJ geared, and aluminum. So already I have been turned off because that's not what Im looking to do. Am I incorrect? Does anyone have any good info/experiences with the Bank?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Long story cut short, I got hurt really bad last week riding trails and said "F it" and put my BMX up for sale on Craigslist, ebay and Pinkbike. Not really what I want to do, but I figure if i get what I am asking then I can buy a dialed complete from my friends shop and have some $$ leftover to pay bills, because i've been out of work for a week now.

Today i was offered a trade for my S&M Randy Brown 2 for a 2009 Transition Bank. Now from what I can tell the Bank is heavily DS/4X/DJ geared, and aluminum. So already I have been turned off because that's not what Im looking to do. Am I incorrect? Does anyone have any good info/experiences with the Bank?

Seems like a weird/good trade because a complete Bank would be much more costly than a complete (even S&M custom-build) bmx. What, like $1200-ish versus $1800-ish ? What kind of fork is on the Bank ?

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
well, here's the parts list from my bike. Fork on the Bank is a Marzocchii 4X World Class

Frame- S&M Randy Brown 2
Stem- S&M Race XLT, black
Fork- Fit Shiv 2, chrome
Bars/grips- Kink Human bars with Animal Edwin grips
Brakes-Odyssey Evo 2's
Cranks- Profile 175mm
Sprocket-Profile spline drive, black
Chain-KMC 710
Seat/Seatpost- Macneil post with Fiend seat
Pedals- Odyssey JCPC, black
Front Wheel- Odyssey Vandero hub with Sun City Lite rim
Rear Wheel-Profile SS Mini hub (blue), titanium axle, titanium 9 tooth driver, laced to Primo 6001 rim.
Tires- Fit FAF, 2.25 front and rear
Pegs- Animal Butcher

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Danger Dave - it might not be that you got hurt bad, but that your body doesn't recover as quickly anymore (how many legs did you break over the years?).

Questions:

*What kind of riding are you willing to settle for?

*Does the Bank fit this or not?

*What's the Bank parts spec?

-Jim

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Danger Dave - it might not be that you got hurt bad, but that your body doesn't recover as quickly anymore (how many legs did you break over the years?).
-Jim
Ah Jim, that was just a rough 6 months back in 03. i have only had 2 breaks though. This was a lacerated kidney and spleen in a freak wipeout riding trails. Front wheel washed out on a downhill "S" berm section and i slammed hard. Otherwise I've been in good health, relatively speaking, haha.

At this point, when I do have time to ride I generally ride park, bowls, trails, and very rarely street. So basically anything with transition, and I can pump/flow around. So the Bank doesn't fit that, and it's parts list isn't anything spectacular as well. I have already declined the trade offer, I'm not ready to give up on my BMX(gotta take my little guy to the track next season), and I'd rather build up a 26 that is exactly what I will be happy with, not just what is in front of me.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
You're right, the reputation of Danger Dave is larger than your injuries!

Just keep yourself bubble wrapped until you can ride with the kid (taking mine to his 1st BMX race tonight!).