Quantcast

Interesting quote from NSMB.com about Marz 66 fork

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
"Wade's Rocky.* Wade rode a Rocky Mountain Switch in the Ripper- a 2005 model of course. His bike was equipped with a prototype Fox rear shock as well as a Marzocchi 666 - a 7" single crown.* No word on whether it will end up being called the 777 since that's not the number of the beast. The bike was Saint equipped bow to stern."

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
How tall are the crowns, will a Michi comp 32 fit, which hope half caliper will I need, does it come in any other color, what's the price, when will it be released, what's the oil height, how stiff a spring will I need, when will Marz accept the 1.5 standard, does it come with a QR dropout option, will a 24" wheel fit, does it have air assist top caps, does it have HSCV in both legs, are those 30mm stantions, will there be a budget model, is the travel adjustable externally, does it have lockout, can I download the service manual, is the steerer tube bolt on, where can I get a replacement o-ring for the top cap, will it work okay on my rootbeer bullit, did I miss anything?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
more info from singletrackworld.com

"66, marzocchi 05
by: chasealex on: Tuesday 01 June 2004 @ 19:02:29

The 66 on the coiler is the vf in its 150mm form.
It is alterable to 170mm, and still 1.1/8th

The VF is the bottom of the range OEM version.

The 66RC is top of the line model, and will likely retail at around the £600-700 mark

[ Reply ]

RE:66, marzocchi 05
by: daevh on: Tuesday 01 June 2004 @ 22:39:29*|*http://www.daevh.co.uk

they're not adjustable. they just come set at either 150mm or 170mm like the 888 comes in either 170mm or 200mm.

the 66VF has dual SSVF damping - not great IMO. No idea which models are going to be OEM or not. Usually the cheaper damper alternatives are OEM. like the Z150DO...

i very much doubt the price will be £600-700!
look at the Super T and Z1FR now. basically the Super T is the dual crown version on the Z1FR and it costs £160 more RRP! the Super T actually has cheaper damping in the leg that the Z1FR has the ETA cart. too! Same goes for the Junior T and Drop-Off, just a smaller price gap but then they're cheaper forks anyway.
more to the point, 888Rs are £699 RRP. the 66RC is the singlecrown version of that (exactly the same damping, lower etc...) and in my opinion will be between £500-580 - there's no reason why it should be any more.
not sure about the 66R, will be less of course. maybe £40-60 less but it might be OEM only."

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
I hope the silver crowns pictured are beefed up version of the double-secret pics that were posted. Those looked flexy :rolleyes:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Is it just me or did the Marz product line hit a peak of sorts in 2003? Everything seems sorta dumbed down dampening-wise since they dropped the 888...

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Kornphlake said:
How tall are the crowns, will a Michi comp 32 fit, which hope half caliper will I need, does it come in any other color, what's the price, when will it be released, what's the oil height, how stiff a spring will I need, when will Marz accept the 1.5 standard, does it come with a QR dropout option, will a 24" wheel fit, does it have air assist top caps, does it have HSCV in both legs, are those 30mm stantions, will there be a budget model, is the travel adjustable externally, does it have lockout, can I download the service manual, is the steerer tube bolt on, where can I get a replacement o-ring for the top cap, will it work okay on my rootbeer bullit, did I miss anything?
price is 530GBP for the UK

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Tame Ape said:
Is it just me or did the Marz product line hit a peak of sorts in 2003? Everything seems sorta dumbed down dampening-wise since they dropped the 888...
it's just you.

whare are you talking about? marzocchi has always made expensive and cheap forks, why is it any different now?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Tame Ape said:
The dampening of Marzocchi's forks depends on local humidity and dew point temp. In the same conditions they are equally damp.
;)

As far as damping JM's right, they have always had a high and a low end.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Naw, you guys are right. I just feel like their line-up hasa growing number of holes in it these days. I'm tired of seeing what looks like it could be good ole' fork only to find out it basically my 2002 DJ1 (that I friggin' hated). I just with they had a better in-between stage from HSCV and SSVF.
thats all...

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Well, didn't Brian Petersen say a while ago when talking about pictures of the 66 was all the rage (ahhh, those were the days) that it had closer to 6.7 inches anyway. With current trends in fork 'fudging', rounding it to 7 isn't too much of a stretch. BTW, according to the metric converter 170mm = 6.69291 inches.