Quantcast

interresting race at Mont St-Anne

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Hi,
Mont St-Anne is setting a 12h dh night race! at the velirium few day before the worldcup.

date june 23rd from 20h to 8h am

teams of 2-4 or 6
you have to ride in "duo" and always finish every run with your partner.

it is mandatory to have a light on your helmet plus a blinking light at the back of your bike.

The course is gonna be an easy one that an xc bike can do!

the goal is to do as much run as you can!

I think it will be an interresting race to do, i will participate for sure!

velirium

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Originally posted by narlus
sounds like a cool idea. i wonder what type of bike is the best choice? probably a fairly light FS bike w/ 5" fork?
probably, but on a long run like that, i would probably use my big plush bike, just not to be too beat up after 2 hours!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if it's a pedally course though the weight penalty might be too much. maybe run small tires? or swap bikes between runs?

you'll need a wrench in the pit anyway.

that does sound like a cool race, i'd definitely do it.

what's the protocol for passing in narrow singletrack under cover of darkness? :D

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by narlus
if it's a pedally course though the weight penalty might be too much. maybe run small tires? or swap bikes between runs?

you'll need a wrench in the pit anyway.

that does sound like a cool race, i'd definitely do it.

what's the protocol for passing in narrow singletrack under cover of darkness? :D
Same thing I yell out all night, every 24hr race I do.... Single Speed coming through!!

12hr at night sounds great, but solo is the only way to roll. Take at least 2 complete bikes, so you can ride and have someone else wrench on your broken bike. Different bikes and different setups work different muscles, so you'll really appreaciate this after riding the same one for hours on end when your can't feel your fingers anymore. :D

FYI Brent out at Boulder City, NV is trying to plan a night race as well sometime soon.

Reminds me a race put on at SkiBowl, Mt Hood.

100 miles DH race!!!

Format was 5 person team. They had marked several courses down the MT, all pretty close in distance, about 2 miles. Each rider completing a run counted as 2 miles. First team to accumilate 50 runs wins!!!

They also had a solo class, but ALL riders were done when the first team hit the 100 mile mark. It was pretty cool, except for the constant downpoor all day long. A freind went through a brand new set of brake pads....and the metal backing!!

For some reason they never did it again.