Quantcast

Introducing myself...

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
Just want to say G'day,

I came across this forum recently after doing some research on knee / shin guards and finally decided to join up.

I'm from Cobar in Australia (pretty much middle of nowhere) got some mx trails I ride and no LBS. Only been here about 3 months now.

My bike is a Giant Trance 3 which I purchased earlier this year and have done some mods to it. I'd class myself as a plain old trail rider - whatever dirt I can find really, and have recently started having a go at 2ft drops and some small jumps etc.

Definitely love my MTB riding a lot.

Shocking photo of me (self taken as I mostly ride solo) and bike spec has changed since that was taken.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
welcome to the monkey!

i'm terry, live in nyc though soon to be some place far far away! mostly dh, never enough xc but hopefully my relocation will take care of that. been dirt jumping a lot more these days and hot damn that sh*t rocks!

(is she our first oz betty?!)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
welcome to the monkey!

i'm terry, live in nyc though soon to be some place far far away! mostly dh, never enough xc but hopefully my relocation will take care of that. been dirt jumping a lot more these days and hot damn that sh*t rocks!

(is she our first oz betty?!)
Where are you moving too? You should move upstate and ride XC and stunts with me ;)

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
Hi everyone, thanks for the welcomes - I kept checking My Ridemonkey and thought there wasn't any responses - turns out I just wasn't automatically subscribed. Hmmm will have to have a play with the settings.

Been warming up here lately (40deg C) I still get out and ride though maybe a couple of times a week for an hour or two.

Liking my new knee shin guards as well - Race Face FR, alot more comfy than the Fox Launch pads I tried previously.

Here is a sort of updated shot of my bike

She's since been converted to 1x9 with a ethirteen bashie. And I think I've converted the forks to 130mm travel (and I'm loving that) during the last service. Just waiting on one of these to become available now - it will stop the chain dropping now and then and goes in place of the granny.

Straitline inner ring (www.straitlinecomponents.com)