Quantcast

iPod Touch vs. Classic vs. Bose QC III

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So it appears I've accumulated enough airmiles to get either an 8GB iPod touch or a 160GB iPod Classic. Is the iPod touch really all that cool? I'm leaning toward the classic. It has more than five times the storage of my current laptop. Nutso.

I could also get a set of Bose Quite Comfort IIIs. Those things are super cool.

Whatcha think? I'm way off being able to actually get a useful flight, so I'm thinking of just cashing in.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I wouldn't get the headphones. There are better 'phones out there than the Bose, so you're blowing a fairly pricey set of miles on some headphones when you could buy a good set for a hundred bucks or so.

The iPod touch is really cool if you have consistent access to WiFi networks or want to watch videos. If you have a ton of music and that's all you want to do with it, it's a waste. For me, it'd be the Touch - nice screen for movies, nice browser if you're near WiFi.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Once the iPod Touch approaches the capacity of the other stuff out there, it will be more appealing. Having the big screen and ability to watch videos on it is tempting, but you could run out of space quickly (considering that you will want your photos and music on there, too).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So it appears I've accumulated enough airmiles to get either an 8GB iPod touch or a 160GB iPod Classic.
I had 25 movies and I don't know how many songs (1500-2000) and was nowhere close to filling up my ipod classic.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Once the iPod Touch approaches the capacity of the other stuff out there, it will be more appealing. Having the big screen and ability to watch videos on it is tempting, but you could run out of space quickly (considering that you will want your photos and music on there, too).
I don't know why people think you need to put every file you own on your Ipod. Just sync it with what you are going to use.

I have a touch and I dig it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I don't know why people think you need to put every file you own on your Ipod. Just sync it with what you are going to use.

I have a touch and I dig it.
Thank you!

I have a ton of iPods, and used to have a touch. It got lifted at Charlotte Douglas international :banghead: Out of all of them, the Touch was the best. I have a 160 gig classic as well, and I usually took the touch with me, and left the classic in the car. If you ever watch movies, it's GREAT. you will never want to go back to the tiny screen again.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yeah, I just got to play with one for a couple minutes at Best Buy. I frigging hate BB, but I suppose since I'm in another province, it doesn't count. Quite.... grumble...

I can acually get 12 gift cards to Staples and it will cost me less than just cashing in points from the Airmiles folks...of course by the time I acutally get the item in my hands, I could have cashed in my points for a jetpack.

Anyhoo, after having fiddled with the touch, I have to say, that is one cool piece of techno-toyology.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you are near your brothers iPod, please fill it full of anthrax for me.

Please note the lowercase "a".

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Forgive me for being behind, but who is his brother?

By the way, I say Classic. Why would anyone want something with only 8Gb when you can have 160Gb?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
You gotta know how to get the best of your frequent flyer points. Start with a half dozen double whiskies. When ya get on the flying coffin, demand to go up the "pointy end and see those two bastards with the stupid hats on". When you get there, lay down the law in no uncertain "Listen knob-face, my f*ckin brother built this plane! Twice!- I demand first class.....righto" then go and sit down in 1A. Should work.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
You gotta know how to get the best of your frequent flyer points. Start with a half dozen double whiskies. When ya get on the flying coffin, demand to go up the "pointy end and see those two bastards with the stupid hats on". When you get there, lay down the law in no uncertain "Listen knob-face, my f*ckin brother built this plane! Twice!- I demand first class.....righto" then go and sit down in 1A. Should work.
Sweet, I'll have to try that!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Sweet, I'll have to try that!
Make sure as you walk out, snigger and mutter "cockpit"....then suddenly stick your head back through the door and shout "glorified bus-drivers I tell ya" and shake your fist. When you get to 1A call over the flying waitress (who if she's female is just gagging for it and if a male is a raging poof) and order the following "triple scotch and then you can massage my perineum until I fall asleep.....well chop chop, my Laphroaig won't pour itself"......remember you have "status" on an airline. Use it wisely