Quantcast

Iraqi Death Toll?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by zod
All I care about is the fact that a known practitioner of genocide has been whiped out of power. That's good enough for me.
Good one. I'm a pissed off Iraqi looking for revenge. All I care about is the fact that my daughter (son, brother, father, mother) was killed by an American bomb. That's good enough for me.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
ghostrider, devil's advocate won't work on me........

to those who are pissed let them do as they please, I think in the end you will find that the large majority of the (non-aristocracy)Iraqi population is glad Saddam is out of power.

Mar 27, 2003
Originally posted by zod
ghostrider, devil's advocate won't work on me........

to those who are pissed let them do as they please, I think in the end you will find that the large majority of the (non-aristocracy)Iraqi population is glad Saddam is out of power.
So most of the attacks are being carried out by rich Iraqis? The ones with the most to gain from the soon to be capitalist market?

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Originally posted by jonassterling
OK. If that is the case, futher debate would be fruitless. Not saying this is a bad thing.

I'm just very upset that we are getting lied to. I wish we could get straight talk out of the gov't.
There's the crux of the matter. They lied. If, from the beginning, the Bush Regime had advertised this invasion as one to liberate the Iraqi people from a brutal dictator, then the UN and the rest of the supposed allies might have gotten behind it. However, they didn't. They pushed the WMD line because, in Paul Wolfowitz's own words, "It was something we (the US hawks) could all agree on.".

Yes, Iraq will be a better place without Saddam and his boys, but THAT wasn't the first reason we went in there.

The Cheese

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by jonassterling
Hey, what happened to Old_Dude? He started this whole mess?

...townfolk, pass out the torches, drag him away from the toothless skeezer he's buying drinks for at the local honky-tonk, tree him and burn that sucker to the ground! Haha! :D

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by zod
Jonas, I disagree. MANY MANY Jews were in hiding in the cities that we carpet bombed. People like Anne Franck. I am sure our intelligence knew this and I am sure we killed many.
I don't want to get involved in this argument, but I need to point out that this is simply innaccurate.

words like "MANY" and "FEW" are a little subjective, but I can assure you, that there were VERY FEW jews still in hiding in cities, by the time American bombers were flying over Germany. We know this for several reasons, but I'd rather not sidetrack the debate by starting this new one.

Also, Anne Frank was taken to a concentration camp (Bergen Belsen) where she died.

Mar 27, 2003
Originally posted by ohio
I don't want to get involved in this argument, but I need to point out that this is simply innaccurate.

words like "MANY" and "FEW" are a little subjective, but I can assure you, that there were VERY FEW jews still in hiding in cities, by the time American bombers were flying over Germany. We know this for several reasons, but I'd rather not sidetrack the debate by starting this new one.

But you are going to do it anyway:rolleyes: :D

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Originally posted by ohio
Also, Anne Frank was taken to a concentration camp (Bergen Belsen) where she died.
Understood, I was just using here for the "hiding" example. Also I should say that it would be more of the Brits that would have caused friendly casulties in their bombing runs....not the Americans. You r correct.