Quantcast

Iraqi Foreign Minister threat

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf said (according to CNN):
U.S. forces will face "a non-conventional act" on Friday night, "not necessarily military." Iraq won't use weapons of mass destruction, but "we will do something to them (coalition forces) that will be a great example ... I'm not revealing a secret because working in the dark is useful with these mercenaries."
He also threatened widespread use of "martyrdom," and said the action would be "not by military."

Sounds like a threat of terrorism to me. :(

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
At least the Iraqi's have plenty of time to get ready since he also said yesterday that US forces are hundres of miles away...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Hmm, yesterday he said we were nowhere near Baghdad.

I sincerely doubt that they have anything, short of the use of chem-bio weapons, that can inflict any sort of measureable harm on our troops at the airport or anywhere, for that matter, within Iraq.

Anyone seen the video released today of what may be Saddam walking the streets of Baghdad?
I'm calling BS. No leader, however desperate, would walk amongst a crowd like that. Easilly 25% of the crowd was either holding ak-47s or had pistols on their belts. The scene was clearly staged. Something like that would be too much of a security risk.

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Sounds like desperation to me...
That's what I'm worried about. The Iraqi Army is beaten, it's just a matter of time. Nothing left to lose for them than to reach out to Hamas or al Quaeda to do what they do best.

And as far as the Sadam seen among the crowds. (a) That still may have been shot weeks ago, or, more likely, (b) It's well known that he has used look-alikes many times to make public appearances for him.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by Damn True
Hmm, yesterday he said we were nowhere near Baghdad.

I sincerely doubt that they have anything, short of the use of chem-bio weapons, that can inflict any sort of measureable harm on our troops at the airport or anywhere, for that matter, within Iraq.

Anyone seen the video released today of what may be Saddam walking the streets of Baghdad?
I'm calling BS. No leader, however desperate, would walk amongst a crowd like that. Easilly 25% of the crowd was either holding ak-47s or had pistols on their belts. The scene was clearly staged. Something like that would be too much of a security risk.
Staged, probably. Actually Saddam, probably not. But that will likely be the most significant P.R. scam of the war.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Damn True
What about all those weapons of mass destruction... :p

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Tweek

U.S. forces will face "a non-conventional act" on Friday night, "not necessarily military."
As opposed to the "generally accepted rules of warfare" that the Iraqi government is displaying now, such as the use of human shields, suicide and homicide bombers, the torture and execution of POW's, etc etc?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I doubt they have anything planned. People don't normally give out schedules to when they will attack.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by Serial Midget
What about all those weapons of mass destruction... :p

My point exactly.
As I said, "I sincerely doubt that they have anything, short of the use of chem-bio weapons, that can inflict any sort of measureable harm on our troops at the airport or anywhere, for that matter, within Iraq."

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
As opposed to the "generally accepted rules of warfare" that the Iraqi government is displaying now, such as the use of human shields, suicide and homicide bombers, the torture and execution of POW's, etc etc?
It's the 'not by the military' that tells me terrorism.
Originally posted by Techniro

I doubt they have anything planned. People don't normally give out schedules to when they will attack.
Maybe that's so they can tell the UN 'hey, we warned them.'

Maybe I'm just being Stoshanoid, umm, paranoid. :think:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Tweek
It's the 'not by the military' that tells me terrorism.
The "not by military" combined with all the talk of martyrdom, makes me think of some crazy mass (coerced) suicide... not like suicide bombers, like holding his own civilians hostage and gassing them if we don't leave.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
THe latest news on this surprise that's will be unleashed is that Saddam has two divisions under baghdad of the republican guard. Furthermore Mexico has been secretly sending a product to Saddam to produce a combination bio/chem weapon that will defeat Allied forces. The two Iraqi divisions are under ground waiting for the Allies to come and rot them out. At which time the Republican guard will unleash their weapon. From my understanding, the weapon doesn't kill instantly, but causes severe pain in the nasal cavity and respiratory tract. US Intelligence intercepted the messeges from MExico to Saddam and subsequently intercepted a shipment of the chemical to be used in producing the toxic bio/chem weapon. Just for your info the the main ingredient in the weapon was refriedbeans and when consumed by twenty thousand hungry Iraqis the bowels go into overload causing an overbuildup of gas and acid which releases all at once causing severe pain to all the Allies. The allies have produced a counter agent called beeno, but it must be swallowed immediately and takes several minutes to work