Quantcast

Iron Horse SGS Pro - Opinions and Price

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
great, except for the crap-fork. The rest of the bike is decent though. I don't know if they are using the flexo-matic ringle stem on the 04s, but if that is on there you might want something else (i solved that with the fork-switchout). Other than that, it is definitely solid.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Dollar for dollar, they are the best DH bike available IMHO. My gf's '03 cost $1,600 new. We immediatley got rid of the Ringle stem (too long and high) and put e13 reducers in it. The reducers dropped the bar height by 20mm+, and the new stem brought the bars in and down another ~1". She's 5'5" and rides a small. If you do the reducers, you'll need a flat crown. I'm 5"10" and if I were to buy one would get a medium and still do the stem swap/ e13 cups, but I won't since I already have a dh bike.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The bikes rule. My team is on the Team SGS's, and they are super happy so far. You just can't beat them for what they cost. Hell, if they cost more, you STILL cou;dn't beat them...

The fork is a little suspect, but if you are willing to put in some effort ( DOn't you start Jm_) it can work very well.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Forgot to mentio. The bike that came for my gf came way oversprung. The fork had two yellow springs (firm, I think) and a 450# spring in the back. A 400# in the back would be much better, maybe even less. And a single extra firm spring in the front or 1 firm and 1 soft spring would be much better in front. I don't know if they spec different springs according to size, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear if they spec'ed her small with medium suspension parts.