Quantcast

iron horse sunday vs khs dh300

oobaa47

Chimp
Mar 26, 2011
Just curious, what are the differences in terms of geometry and suspension characteristics? Taking a look at the two frames, they look extremely similar; the same pivots, shock placement, design, etc etc. I believe I read somewhere once that the KHS design was used by several asian manufacturers who "license" the design (but not from DW, from a manufacturer in asia). And I also thought I heard it wasn't available in the US due to DW patent infringement. Can anyone advise? Thanks......

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
KHS frame is made by Astro, and the same frame is sold under lots of brands. To my understanding all the frames are made in the same factory and different brands just buy the frames and slap their own stickers on it, there's no any licensing going on.
As for comparing Sunday and the Astro frame riding characteristics, I can not help.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Has there been any published geometry? My google-fu is weak and I can't seem to find anything except a hint here and there about a 64 HA, and a 14.25 BB height (which is kinda high for a sunday wanabee bike).

Last edited:

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
I found this.

14.6" BB height is kind of a deal breaker. I hope it's a mistake...

Then there's the 15.4 chainstay length, that can't be right..

Don't know why the pic isn't showing up. Click the box with the "x" and it does.

Last edited:

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Won't let this thread die as I'm seriously considering the bike!

I get to test ride one next week. Do you guys think a CCDB would work well with it. Seems to be a Sunday with more progression at the end, which is exactly what the Pheonix claims to be. Be very interested in the comparison.

It's just that damn BB height is bizarre. It's a full inch higher than the Pheonix. Any idea what shock hardware it uses? Guessing 8mm. A little room for offset bushings but not much...

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Won't let this thread die as I'm seriously considering the bike!

I get to test ride one next week. Do you guys think a CCDB would work well with it. Seems to be a Sunday with more progression at the end, which is exactly what the Pheonix claims to be. Be very interested in the comparison.

It's just that damn BB height is bizarre. It's a full inch higher than the Pheonix. Any idea what shock hardware it uses? Guessing 8mm. A little room for offset bushings but not much...
I think those geo numbers are typos and it's pretty standard. The only issues I saw with the KHS are it's a little heavier than the other DWish bikes mentioned above and the concentric pivot around the BB might not be as easy to deal with. The other 3 bikes above also protect the shock better. Minor things, the KHS guys all seemed genuinely happy with them.

Last edited: