Quantcast

Is America headed in the right direction?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
America has culturally valued expedience and individualism over sustainability and, even more so, collectivism - at least in popular sentiment.

After around two centuries of development, in 2015, the social and legal evolution of these ideas based on 'individual freedom and liberty' (the land of the free and the home of the brave) has included a variety of unforeseen effects which unfortunately include the US being one of the most thoroughly surveilled and legislated (least free), and most incarcerated peoples on the planet.

Citizen-on-citizen gun crime is among the worst on the planet, education and (particularly) health outcomes are trending in negative directions faster than most OECD contemporaries and possibly most significantly, ''conservatives'', who apparently make up nearly 50% of the population will tolerate all of the above, and even encourage a political leadership who are so far removed from reality they make the Ayatollahs look rational.

Further, a significant and unfortunately powerful minority even believe (or act like) releasing billions of tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere is not causing the climate to change - possibly the greatest existential threat to humanity any thousands of other species - and are resisting all sensible mitigation efforts by the world community.

What the fuck is happening guys?

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
Hi Changleen.

While I agree the rise of the Christian Sharia-law idiots is concerning, the rest of the stats don't bother me that much. They reflect a growing split in society between people who engage in objectively bad behavior and the minority of those who do not.

http://smile.amazon.com/Coming-Apart-State-America-1960-2010/dp/030745343X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443839746&sr=8-1&keywords=coming+apart
Dude that's beyond offensive.

And your comments place you squarely in the first segment of society that you define.

You obviously don't know the first thing about sharia law or true Christians.

Do Palestinian Christians and Iranian Christians go around blowing themselves up for jihad? For Christ?

And yet Islamic white boys from the OC and "forward thinking" Muslim euros are lining up for the caliphate. Islam - the basis for sharia law - is the problem. Christians are not.

Sharia law gives donkeys more rights than women. A woman is raped and she gets charged with adultery, under sharia law.

Christ said to love, turn the other cheek, not seek revenge, and place others before oneself. He never killed anybody. Never owned slaves.

Mohammed was a warrior who killed over 3000. He owned many slaves. He said to kill infidels (unless you're Muslim, that's you)... kill unbelievers, kill idolators, kill Christians, kill Jews, and on and on.

Do some research into the Pashtun Afganis and how the way that culture has treated women...And the effect that's had on young boys. Go look at the ass raping chomos in Dancing Boys of Afghanistan and tell me sharia law has anything in common with Christianity. (Before you mention Catholic priests... They are not true Christians. They are pure evil. Ever heard C.A.R.E. say that about a terrorist? About the Fort Hood shooter? About the Boston marathon bombers? No, they defend them. Because there's no such thing as moderate Muslims... Mohammed said kill them too.)

You have it completely bass akward.

This is America friend. Founded on Christian principals. Absolutely the land of the free and home of the brave... Love it or leave it.

Dude that's beyond offensive.

And your comments place you squarely in the first segment of society that you define.

You obviously don't know the first thing about sharia law or true Christians.

Do Palestinian Christians and Iranian Christians go around blowing themselves up for jihad? For Christ?

And yet Islamic white boys from the OC and "forward thinking" Muslim euros are lining up for the caliphate. Islam - the basis for sharia law - is the problem. Christians are not.

Sharia law gives donkeys more rights than women. A woman is raped and she gets charged with adultery, under sharia law.

Christ said to love, turn the other cheek, not seek revenge, and place others before oneself. He never killed anybody. Never owned slaves.

Mohammed was a warrior who killed over 3000. He owned many slaves. He said to kill infidels (unless you're Muslim, that's you)... kill unbelievers, kill idolators, kill Christians, kill Jews, and on and on.

Do some research into the Pashtun Afganis and how the way that culture has treated women...And the effect that's had on young boys. Go look at the ass raping chomos in Dancing Boys of Afghanistan and tell me sharia law has anything in common with Christianity. (Before you mention Catholic priests... They are not true Christians. They are pure evil. Ever heard C.A.R.E. say that about a terrorist? About the Fort Hood shooter? About the Boston marathon bombers? No, they defend them. Because there's no such thing as moderate Muslims... Mohammed said kill them too.)

You have it completely bass akward.

This is America friend. Founded on Christian principals. Absolutely the land of the free and home of the brave... Love it or leave it.
This is the United States. Founded on violence and oppression.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Religion is not the problem. Religious people are the problem. Especially those who are so insecure that they need to oppress those who worship (Or do not worship...) differently than they do.

Last edited:

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
This is the United States. Founded on violence and oppression.
Lol you don't know what oppression is bud. Most of us here have friends and family that have died in service to this country, defending the truly oppressed of some foreign regime that would imprison or put you to death for publishing a comment like that.

If you really believe what you said, then you're supporting the "problem" by staying here and paying taxes in support of the "oppression" (assuming your in the US... If abroad, then I'm sure we've bailed you out at some point).

No one is forcing you to stay.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
Religion is not the problem. "Religious" people are the problem. Especially those who are so insecure that they need to oppress those who worship (Or do not worship...) differently than they do. i.e. Sharia law. And this is why the first amendment defends all religious freedom (unless it is calls for the murder of all others, like sharia law does)
Agreed and ftfy

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^
LOL
:popcorn:
Thanks for the neg. How is "my powerfully deluded version of history" incorrect? Facts??

@jackalope:
Supreme Court Florida v Tampa:
"A people unschooled about the sovereignty of God, the ten commandments and the ethics of Jesus, could never have evolved the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. There is not one solitary fundamental principle of our democratic policy that did not stem directly from the basic moral concepts as embodied in the Decalog and the ethics of Jesus . . . No one knew this better than the Founding Fathers."

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Lol you don't know what oppression is bud. Most of us here have friends and family that have died in service to this country, defending the truly oppressed of some foreign regime that would imprison or put you to death for publishing a comment like that.

If you really believe what you said, then you're supporting the "problem" by staying here and paying taxes in support of the "oppression" (assuming your in the US... If abroad, then I'm sure we've bailed you out at some point).

No one is forcing you to stay.

Not sure I agree with your claim.

Sincerely,
First Nations People

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Thanks for the neg. How is "my powerfully deluded version of history" incorrect? Facts??

@jackalope:
Supreme Court Florida v Tampa:
"A people unschooled about the sovereignty of God, the ten commandments and the ethics of Jesus, could never have evolved the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. There is not one solitary fundamental principle of our democratic policy that did not stem directly from the basic moral concepts as embodied in the Decalog and the ethics of Jesus . . . No one knew this better than the Founding Fathers."

I realize this is like arguing with Jenny McCarthy, but I'm a big Betty fan

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

May be my new sig. Out-fucking-standing
I'd be honored.

So enlighten me guy... I'm not pretending to know what your talking about...I've only heard that term in reference to aboriginal Canadian Indians. Is it not?

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
This is hilarious. All you guys cry about violence and say America and Christians are oppressive, and yet you personally come at me with zero facts, in negs and pms, because I factually point out that Christians, and obliquely Americans, have nothing in common with sharia law and Islam.

What happened to all your tolerance lol?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"First nations" doesn't apply only to canadian native peoples.

And the trail of tears scenarios here seemed pretty oppressive.

You 'factually point out' sharia law and fundamentalist christianity have nothing in common?

I'll get you started on what's usually the most common thread between any fundamentalist religion: education and the baby factories that make more believers.

http://abc7ny.com/technology/planned-parenthood-says-website-taken-down-by-extremists/893304/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/23/education/texas-education-board-flags-biology-textbook-over-evolution-concerns.html?_r=0

These were not driven by secularists.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Regarding treatment of women, see the cult that the Duggars and many other fundamentalist Christians subscribe to.

FSM

in this bullshit mess.
Jul 1, 2013
Always and Every Where
Weak. No need to drag your mom into this.
Founding fathers christian principals:
Slavery
Genocide
Misogyny
Bigotry

Those are just 4 of the basic christian principals of the young america. Fortunately, the founding fathers had the foresight to leave us a document which we could amend, change, and progress upon. All it takes is a little intestinal fortitude, and you too, can leave the 18th century behind.

Last edited: