Quantcast

Is it just me or.....

R

RideMonkey

Am I the only one disgusted by the fact that CNN.com has "American Idol" updates as part of the headlines section? What does this say about the priorities of the people in this country?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Originally posted by RideMonkey
Am I the only one disgusted by the fact that CNN.com has "American Idol" updates as part of the headlines section? What does this say about the priorities of the people in this country?
What's American Idol?
I'm gonna guess the 2000's equivalent of Star Search or some lame "reality" based show.

ok so I don't watch Network TV, shoot me

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
It's always the same. Of course, local news is the worst, but when you get down to who owns who, you understand why most of 'news' is just a thinly veiled commercial. It is disgusting, and no one in the US does anything that won't make $; hence the 'news agencies' giving the people what they want.:( :( :( :( :dead:

How come I can't run the country?

I am struggling not to type up a storm......! This is why I stay away from this forum damnit!:angry:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by RideMonkey
Seriously!!

NOT news worthy.

(oh.. BTW... Tamira got ROBBED)
though I do watch the show some times.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
kill your TV!!!!!!! It freed me.....well no, but life got cheaper by $70 a month! And I am not innundated with crap like that! Its been years now, and I'm still relatively sane....:rolleyes: ;)

spookysim

Chimp
May 29, 2002
london uk
seems to me as an outsider that a whole lot of u.s. network or local news is exactly as portrayed in shows like the simpsons ..i.e. opinionated, politically biased, manipulative and the overwhelming general theme is of dumbing-down the whole subject matter and oversimplifying the true issues.

News progs here in the uk are not hugely better, but at least the bbc doesn't have commercial sponsors to pander to.

Try BBC News 24 as a different slant if you can get it.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by VTinCT
kill your TV!!!!!!! It freed me.....well no, but life got cheaper by $70 a month! And I am not innundated with crap like that! Its been years now, and I'm still relatively sane....:rolleyes: ;)
Hey you know what? I feel the same way!! I haven't watched TV in a really long time. Sure I don't know what's going on in the world and couldn't care less right now. All I watch is Seinfeld after dinner/before going to the gym and by then it's time to go to bed.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
ive pretty much given up tv too. it only comes on when its really late and my eyes feel like they will fall out if i try to read anymore. i feel i have more time to think about thing and TN amd i talk a lot more. it just fun being with out being "entertained".

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I cannot believe Jason chose to evict Amy over the skinny good looking one - what was he thinking? 22 year year old virgin men aren't so bright afterall. I used to think a lot of him but now the dudes just seems weak. Ugh. I can only hope the cast of Survivor will have "Secret Night Orgies" so that I can get the details at 11. Anyone catch Springer today?