Quantcast

Is it time for Sea Otter rumors and boasting yet?

D

Dingus McGee

Originally posted by stoney98
What about style points across the top rythm section? And bonus points for hucks to flat (ie logs)
Totally, I am going for the log huck this year after 2 years
of doing the rightside, uh, 'stepdown' during my racerun. 3 yrs ago I hucked the logs and went down hard before god and country....but there is no glory in the bump-bump rolldown is there? Mayby they'll carve it out differently this year and force the issue. I do much better when forced to.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Was there downhill practice on Wednesday last year? I think I remember practicing on Wednesday before the race but it looks like the first practice time is Thursday this year.

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
Which bike do you think will be faster, a full on DH bike (Turner DHR) or a HT (Snipes EleMental)?
I rode the course last year and know what that was like but am still not sure on which bike. I think I'm gonna bring both and time myself.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
heard there's gonna be a new road gap in dh.

63 feet w/ sharks in the middle. if you case during your run, they make you fix your divot before proceeding.

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
Originally posted by ©2001
heard there's gonna be a new road gap in dh.

63 feet w/ sharks in the middle. if you case during your run, they make you fix your divot before proceeding.
Sweet! :D
Except for the fixing your divot part..... we aint ****in playin golf :p ;) :rolleyes: :monkey:

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Lafayette publishing group, they came across my site and contacted me, wanting to know if I was going to sea otter. I said yes but got rejected for a press pass. She says, I'll see what I can do. 2 hours later I got a call saying I'm set!

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by derekpearson
Lafayette publishing group, they came across my site and contacted me, wanting to know if I was going to sea otter. I said yes but got rejected for a press pass. She says, I'll see what I can do. 2 hours later I got a call saying I'm set!
Whats the magazine?

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
they are undecided on a title yet I guess, but they are now paying my hotel and rental car down there as well. :D

Bit of a sidebar question, but it is Sea Otter related. On the event schedule/calendar, at the bottom of the page, it say that parking fees for all registered athletes is free. How does that work? I confirmed my registration and I'm all good there. So was I, supposed to get something from them? (Sorry for the lame ?'s, I just haven't been to the Sea Otter before.)

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
Originally posted by surfinguru
Bit of a sidebar question, but it is Sea Otter related. On the event schedule/calendar, at the bottom of the page, it say that parking fees for all registered athletes is free. How does that work? I confirmed my registration and I'm all good there. So was I, supposed to get something from them? (Sorry for the lame ?'s, I just haven't been to the Sea Otter before.)
Last year we were supposed to receive something in the mail but I didnt get it in time but as long as you have proof that you are racing, it's all fine (atleast thats how it was last year)

D

Dingus McGee

Well this year they got around to sending out parking passes .
I got one...a white postcard with a sparkly silver Sea Otter/Hyundai logo. Last TWO years I paid the $10 -"you'll be reimbursed at registration", get to registration -"we don't have any cash left". Not this year, Mr. Sutton!

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Melissa and I got our passes Saturday. Cutting it a bit close, but plenty of time for us.

Rich,
We have 2, so you can use one if yours doesn't show up. Can't wait! First downhill race here I come...

Scott

D

Dingus McGee

The spy-shots should be online tomorrow....woo-hoooo!!!

I want to see the new 4X course

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Originally posted by Dingus McGee
The spy-shots should be online tomorrow....woo-hoooo!!!

I want to see the new 4X course
That doesn't do me any good, I'll be there tomorrow. Besides how would it be spy-shots if the venue is open to the public tomorrow?:rolleyes:

See you guys there!:monkey:

Originally posted by goin' medium
Melissa and I got our passes Saturday. Cutting it a bit close, but plenty of time for us.

Rich,
We have 2, so you can use one if yours doesn't show up. Can't wait! First downhill race here I come...

Scott
Scott, thanks for the offer bro. I did get mine in the mail yesterday though. Talk about cuting it close!

Oh yeah....guess what? Looks like rain is in the forcast. :rolleyes:

Alomost forgot, where's the linky to the pics????

D

Dingus McGee

Originally posted by Scrub
That doesn't do me any good, I'll be there tomorrow. Besides how would it be spy-shots if the venue is open to the public tomorrow?:rolleyes:

See you guys there!:monkey:
Yeah SPY was not the best choice of words. I just meant ANY photos before the masses get there.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
......recent developments:

It looks like I may be able to be down there Thursday morning, Friday afternoon, and pretty much all of Sat and Sun.

Not racing mind you, but at least I'll be able to cheer on my bro's.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
I know how you feel, I can barelly pronouce "dude" ;) And by the way, Le Acadien isn't racing anymore, so you can recycle your cheering for Cedric, Fabien, ACC or ... myself (although none of us need your cheering to win, we are so fast anyway :p :p ) See ya there.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Anyone doing the 50 mile epic mtb tour? I need someone to share the pain out there with me. Good luck everyone. I think we're gonna miss most of the rain predicted earlier in the week.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by [un]
I know how you feel, I can barelly pronouce "dude" ;) And by the way, Le Acadien isn't racing anymore, so you can recycle your cheering for Cedric, Fabien, ACC or ... myself (although none of us need your cheering to win, we are so fast anyway :p :p ) See ya there.
Man, another fast Frenchie!

Congrats on the podium. Puits fait mon ami.