Quantcast

Is Lance finally busted?

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Good on him. Why rat everyone else out? He finally admitted his wrong doing and the USADA knows for certain how rampid drug use is. Now they can try and implement stronger techniques in drug detection.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

Yeah, but it would've been nice to hear how the maestro himself managed to avoid detection (most of the time) so they could hopefully implement strategies to catch future/current dopers. That said, they may already have a pretty good idea of what techniques US Postal and others were using, so his input wouldn't be that insightful.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good on him. Why rat everyone else out? He finally admitted his wrong doing and the USADA knows for certain how rampid drug use is. Now they can try and implement stronger techniques in drug detection.
first off, its "rampant".

second of all, it's not like he was doing this all on his own. bribes to the UCI, money laundering, etc. They're going after him as the lynchpin to unravel the whole system, not to make an example of him, but because he was the worst offender. It's not just riders that are in on it - UCI officials & WADA were involved - the people that are supposed to be enforcing the rules.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
first off, its "rampant".

first off - That's one that gets internet grammar heroes all excited.

second of all - It doesn't bother me one bit if he doesn't call out everyone else involved. Like Jackalope said, it be cool to know the details of how he and his team pulled it off so frequently but I'm sure that info will be out in books as years go on.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Like Jackalope said, it be cool to know the details of how he and his team pulled it off so frequently
1) frequently? it was their modus operandi. It was part of their fundamental plan on how to win.
2) the basics of how they did it are already out there. Go check out the USADA report and associated testimony.
3) you should care, because some of the people involved with the "how he got away with it" part of the story are exactly the people that are supposed to enforcing the anti-doping regulations. Including a few people on the IOC. And the current (and previous) president of the UCI.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
He's not drawn up playing the "G" like a 6 string but he's still a hero... An ambiguously gay grammar hero.

Just jokin... You make good points. You always do. Lance could be receiving mysterious boxes filled with poo and other random death threats telling him to shut it at this point.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have a smiliar attitude, I dont idolize or vernerate those I dont know. But when Ole One Nut was winning, saying all the right things and doing good thing for those stricken by cancer and less fortunate than he, it was hard not to look up to him.
He really did a great job of lieing to us all, in the name of something good, and I freely admit I wanted to hang out with him. But now he has been exposed for the egotistical, hypocritical self promoting sham with a chip on his shoulder (Daddy issues anyone?) disgrace that he is.
I really just wish he would go away.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a smiliar attitude, I dont idolize or vernerate those I dont know. But when Ole One Nut was winning, saying all the right things and doing good thing for those stricken by cancer and less fortunate than he, it was hard not to look up to him.
He really did a great job of lieing to us all, in the name of something good, and I freely admit I wanted to hang out with him. But now he has been exposed for the egotistical, hypocritical self promoting sham with a chip on his shoulder (Daddy issues anyone?) disgrace that he is.
I really just wish he would go away.
the higher you climb, the longer the fall

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Justice Department reversed course today and sources tell VeloNews that the DOJ will file a notice of intervention to join the complaint, which alleges that Armstrong and company defrauded the Postal Service through the team’s use of performance enhancing drugs throughout the six-year title sponsor agreement.
aka defrauded a division of the federal govt

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Or on Celebrity Rehab...
God, I know I don't believe in you, and I've said some nasty things about you over the years. I'll take it all back and start giving money to organized child molesters (unless I go Protestant, a little guidance here would be greatly appreciated) every week if you make this happen.

cc: Jesus Christ, Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm holding out for Armstrong becoming door greeter/toilet cleaner at walmart.
Considering that there is a good chance that his doping caused his cancer in the first place, what are the odds that he has another medical time bomb ticking away? He may never meet the minimum age requirements to be a greeter.

Last edited:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Considering that there is a good chance that his doping caused his cancer in the first place, what are the odds that he has another medical time bomb ticking away? He may never meet the minimum age requirements to be a greeter.
True, guess it's toilet cleaner at some scuzzy truckstop then.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
Really? While I have no doubt that dopers (particuarly EPO users) put there lives at enormous risk, I cant see how the causal link can be made to cancer over the internet with one test subject. (Results pre and post cancer suggest that the better doping years were post cancer anyway.)
I also dont think the boxing/parkinsons link is direct cause and effect when one high profile boxer gets parkinsons.
Still, Lance looks flexy......

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Really? While I have no doubt that dopers (particuarly EPO users) put there lives at enormous risk, I cant see how the causal link can be made to cancer over the internet with one test subject. (Results pre and post cancer suggest that the better doping years were post cancer anyway.)
I also dont think the boxing/parkinsons link is direct cause and effect when one high profile boxer gets parkinsons.
Still, Lance looks flexy......
There is certainly no medical proof that injecting yourself with all kinds of steroids and hormones for decades could increase the risk of disease and Lance's one case of cancer. And there will probably never be any research put into the topic but you have to think that doing all that **** to yourself could cause problems.

There are all kinds of lawsuits going on with the NFL over head trauma and I can guarantee you the defense the NFL will use will be related to steroid use.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
God, I know I don't believe in you, and I've said some nasty things about you over the years. I'll take it all back and start giving money to organized child molesters (unless I go Protestant, a little guidance here would be greatly appreciated) every week if you make this happen.

cc: Jesus Christ, Holy Ghost.
Just for good measure you should also cc: Buddha, Vishnu, Gaia, Xenu and the FSM...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Actually, based on the timing of things the doping causing his cancer is unlikely.

However, the question has been raised that with all the testing he was having done as a racer prior to his cancer diagnosis, why wasn't the cancer found sooner? Some are implying it was known but he wasn't told.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Actually, based on the timing of things the doping causing his cancer is unlikely.

However, the question has been raised that with all the testing he was having done as a racer prior to his cancer diagnosis, why wasn't the cancer found sooner? Some are implying it was known but he wasn't told.
Really? I thought the implication of that idea was that the cancer should have been seen much sooner on the blood tests, but that the odd values were assumed/explained to be caused by doping products.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Really? I thought the implication of that idea was that the cancer should have been seen much sooner on the blood tests, but that the odd values were assumed/explained to be caused by doping products.
yea, either way something was fishy that should've been caught