Quantcast

Is Rocky Roads dead?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Rumor has it that they will close their doors soon:
Translated with google:

Just a year ago, the until then unknown Belgian news site, "Rocky Roads" entered grossmundig as title sponsor of the UCI World Cup. Now the project seems already to be back on the brink of. The key staff already jumped.

Even with the announcement of the partnership between the UCI and Rocky Roads was warned that the Belgians are working with unrealistic numbers. The site was at the time that registration page over 221'000 visitors daily. All signs pointed to the fact that Rocky Roads coiffed traffic and UCI with Rocky Roads-founder Sietse Schelpe should mount a foam bat. There are now signs that this scenario could come true.

Rocky Roads had then with Erhard Goller can win the most renowned German bike journalist for themselves. Now that, well, according to reliable information, but wages stayed away and with the operators of the website, no contact has been established, Goller has quit his job at the Belgians immediately. To get the news flow upright, he called with short notice "Acrossthecountry 'own intelligence to life. The English-speaking staff have suspended their service, and the final report on Rocky Roads dated to the 11th November. Even older is the last entry on the Dutch version of Rocky Roads, on the German-he is after all, still on 8 December.

Rocky Roads that already seems to be on the international stage at the end of one year, also an oblique light on the Weltradverband UCI. That the operator of the website operated at the time of contract negotiations with apparently doctored traffic, even a layperson should have noticed. At least that seemed the UCI details of Rocky Roads to question nor to verify. However: The financial sponsorship amount from Belgium was then received with full benefits from the UCI. Currently the UCI announces that with Rocky Roads'm still in negotiations.

Also, the link is dead:
www.rockyroadsnetwork.com

Looks like the UCI has to find a new headsponsor soon.

dylan s

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
Was it ever really alive? I think the only time anyone visited there website was when they were announced as title sponsor last year.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Little Bird told me that UCI only received the first 2 payments, and had not been paid since feb of 2012, UCI continued to save face and keep rockyroads on all the branding, finish areas, etc...So silly.

Would love some REAL behind the scenes investigative journalism into the inner working of the UCI, on many boondoggles, but especially how in the F they partnered with a ghost company like rockyroads.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
All a front by Freecaster to spare themselves the e-rants of webtools dissatisfied with their gratis race coverage.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
More classy dealings at the UCI.

It was obviously a sham from the start, and you have to ask yourself:

If the UCI couldn't see that it was a sham, is it because they were complicit and someone was receiving backhanders?

I mean, if RM can figure it out, i can't be rocket science. Fake traffic, fake review numbers, fake website. Why would you be surprised that it's a sham?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Little Bird told me that UCI only received the first 2 payments, and had not been paid since feb of 2012, UCI continued to save face and keep rockyroads on all the branding, finish areas, etc...So silly.

Would love some REAL behind the scenes investigative journalism into the inner working of the UCI, on many boondoggles, but especially how in the F they partnered with a ghost company like rockyroads.
times like this i miss hbcutthecourse...