Quantcast

Is that all there is? Yeti vs Orange

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I like the simplicity of single pivot and from what I read in this thread it seems that they have quite some potential and should be more popular but then I understand that a single pivot sounds less popular than a patented linkage! ;)
The simplicity is a shit marketing term. What do you gain by the "simplicity" ? The designer has it easier for sure a well designed virtual pivot is as reliable. I don't have nothing against SP bikes, some better designed ones ride really well but the "it provides simplicity" is as bad of an argument as saying you vote for Trump because "he is a straight talker".

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
The simplicity is a shit marketing term. What do you gain by the "simplicity" ? The designer has it easier for sure a well designed virtual pivot is as reliable. I don't have nothing against SP bikes, some better designed ones ride really well but the "it provides simplicity" is as bad of an argument as saying you vote for Trump because "he is a straight talker".
I buy your argument!
But regarding design and reliability, it is more easy to design, dimension and manufacture correctly a single pivot than anything with 4 pivots. You're at least less tempt to put small bearing for the sake of weight saving.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I buy your argument!
But regarding design and reliability, it is more easy to design, dimension and manufacture correctly a single pivot than anything with 4 pivots. You're at least less tempt to put small bearing for the sake of weight saving.
If you are the person who needs to be forced by suspension deign not to forgo durability for the sake of slight weight savings your design is screwed anyway. In that case just apply for work at Crank Bros.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I buy your argument!
it is relatively easy to design, manufacturer and get right single pivot bikes, and even linkage activated single pivots. Not that people actually do that though...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I buy your argument!
This makes no sense, and it's not because of poor language use.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Month 13 you're wondering why everybody has started calling your company names

Month 16 you're looking for a new name for your company

Month 18 you know it would have been smart to not put your name on the website of your company

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Month 13 you're wondering why everybody has started calling your company names

Month 16 you're looking for a new name for your company

Month 18 you know it would have been smart to not put your name on the website of your company
Chumba?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
11 months later, you'd get a container full of TR498s with upside down headtubes.
Don't worry they will claim it's ok. I always love chinese factory suggestions. Had a stem they produced as a proposal to make one current product lighter. Rode it for 3 days because the idiots sent it before they sent the proper stems... Scariest days of my life.

Though it could be worse. We could be all working for Evil 3-4 years ago.