Quantcast

Is there a way to build you "wind" fast?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Probably not. You could bust your ass for a few days then rest but you probably won't see that much of a difference. Hell even EPO takes a week.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Depending on how fit you are to begin with significant gains in fitness can be made in 4 weeks. If you are a total slug right now you can improve a whole bunch. If you are moderately fit right now you will only improve a little bit.
It is a sort of inverted-u relationship as far as dose-response. And the tip of the U is very narrow. Better to make slow, gradual gains than try to make up for months of neglect in a week, doesn't work....

What exactly do you mean by "wind" anyway? What kind of effort?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
SuspectDevice said:
Depending on how fit you are to begin with significant gains in fitness can be made in 4 weeks. If you are a total slug right now you can improve a whole bunch. If you are moderately fit right now you will only improve a little bit.
It is a sort of inverted-u relationship as far as dose-response. And the tip of the U is very narrow. Better to make slow, gradual gains than try to make up for months of neglect in a week, doesn't work....

What exactly do you mean by "wind" anyway? What kind of effort?

Just got hired by Culver City Fire Department. Day 1 starts 21st of Feb. I'm in pretty good shape already but pretty good shape in the Fire Service is $hit. I'll be dragging a couple hundred pounds of hose with about a hundred pounds of equipment on my back, breathing through a SCBA. But just my luck with three days to go I get a fever/cold and a staph/MRSA infection

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Dog Welder said:
Just got hired by Culver City Fire Department. Day 1 starts 21st of Feb. I'm in pretty good shape already but pretty good shape in the Fire Service is $hit. I'll be dragging a couple hundred pounds of hose with about a hundred pounds of equipment on my back, breathing through a SCBA. But just my luck with three days to go I get a fever/cold and a staph/MRSA infection

Doesn't sound like you need to do any exercise until your infection is gone, but I'm no doctor.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Fireschool is tough as nails. A buddy of mine went through school last year while trying to race 3's. It really nearly killed him. After you get better just show up and suffer through it man, just eat a ton,drink way too much h20 and sleep. You'll get better!