Quantcast

Is there an adaptor for

C

Cheers

an IS disk caliper for a 1999 Z.1 QR20? I haven't been able to locate one yet? Or one for a 1998 Mr. T which has an IS TAB? I know the P.3 has an 8 inch front rotor on a Z.3 QR20...but I haven't seen that set up in person.:help:

They are Hayes disks, but the hayes hydro that came OEM on a Specialized Enduro, they are set up for IS?

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Cheers
an IS disk caliper for a 1999 Z.1 QR20? I haven't been able to locate one yet? Or one for a 1998 Mr. T which has an IS TAB? I know the P.3 has an 8 inch front rotor on a Z.3 QR20...but I haven't seen that set up in person.:help:

They are Hayes disks, but the hayes hydro that came OEM on a Specialized Enduro, they are set up for IS?
The IS adap comes from Marzocchi and you have to order it from a dealer. About $20.
Hayes makes a direct adap for their brakes that bolts on to the fork, but only for 6" rotors. To go 8" you need the Marz "IS" adap AND the Hayes "IS to Hayes caliper 8" rotor" adap.

I'm at work now but at home I have a pic of the whole setup...will post later

Confused yet?

6" rotor hayes= 1 adap from hayes
8" rotor hayes = 2 adap

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
A fork that uses a quick release (9.5mm standard axle with 100mm axle spacing) is pretty much required to use a 6 inch rotor with Hayes. Using an 8" rotor on a fork like that requires serious grinding to the adapter, it can be done, but not worth it.

Your forks use 20mm axles with 110mm spacing. To use Hayes on those, you should use the 8" adapter. It spaces the caliper 5mm closer to the wheel to line up properly with the rotor. IT is not suggested to use a 6" rotor setup as you will have to use 5mm worth of washers to space the adapter over that 5mm. It puts too much load into the bolt and can cause problems.

So, your Mr. T will work great with an 8" rotor, and so will your Z.1 after you get the IS mount for it.

Hope this helps.