Quantcast

is this "healthy food" part II

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, so i've been trying to keep to the healthier food thing going. Try to cook for myself instead of eating out or ordering pizza.

Today, I made myself a pizza for lunch. It was on a pita, with garlic pasta sauce, chopped garlic (REAL garlic, none of that powder stuff :)), red and green peppers, and Itaian organic 4 cheese cheese. For dinner I made a chicken breast with A-1 Bold and Spicy, with roasted potatos with "onion magic" and cracked red pepper on them. I also had garlic bread, and an apple. Breyers ice cream for dessert.

Does that sound like a good diet? what can I do to improve (and if you say get rid of the ice cream, I kill you)

thanks

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
but my ignorant assessment is that's a nice couple of meals. You got some peppers and an apple in there. Might try to work in some leafy greens or some stalky vegetables somewhere along the way.

Does look like a decent balance tho, and a lot better than I do on some days.

Ice cream can have a legitimate role in healthy eating. Like just about anything else, depends on what kind and how much.

strack

Chimp
Jan 14, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by BigMike

Today, I made myself a pizza for lunch. It was on a pita, with garlic pasta sauce, chopped garlic (REAL garlic, none of that powder stuff :)), red and green peppers, and Itaian organic 4 cheese cheese. For dinner I made a chicken breast with A-1 Bold and Spicy, with roasted potatos with "onion magic" and cracked red pepper on them. I also had garlic bread, and an apple. Breyers ice cream for dessert.
Sounds like good stuf, but you'll definitely want to invest in some "minty fresh gum" and mouthwash with that diet. :dead: :dead: :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by strack
Sounds like good stuf, but you'll definitely want to invest in some "minty fresh gum" and mouthwash with that diet. :dead: :dead: :D
Its ok, I dont have a girlfriend, and I've decided girls are not interested in me :D

Everything I eat is like that! I LOOOVE garlic! I eat ET bagels, and everything I cook has garlic, and usually onions in it :)

and oh yeah, I left out the celery I had with the pizza