Quantcast

Is this how old people live?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I burned a vacation day, slept in, took my book to my favorite deli for breakfast, then took my roadie for a loop of SE Denver (55 miles).

I totally recommend ya taking a day off of work once in a while and riding!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
LordOpie said:
I burned a vacation day, slept in, took my book to my favorite deli for breakfast, then took my roadie for a loop of SE Denver (55 miles).

That sounds like my dream day....sadly it never comes. :monkey:

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
i wish i could do that with school just call in and say im taking a vacation day that would be soo cool!

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
AHHAHAAA, I am freee from high school at last! Yesterday, Tuesday, was my last day, it feels really good.

In the past few days I have had nothing to do, on Tuesday my art critique was only 30min, so I biked around the rest of the day, saw my gf, went to some shops, it was a great day weather wise as well.

So in the past two days I have put on about 150km. :O

Today I just sat around in my pajamas all day, it's 11pm and I haven't changed yet :).

But, unfortunately, all this riding was done on my mountain bike, since it is still snowy.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Every time I go on a night ride, uphill, through the snow, on a DH bike, I realize just how hard it is for you old guys!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
chriskaiser said:
AHHAHAAA, I am freee from high school at last! Yesterday, Tuesday, was my last day, it feels really good.

In the past few days I have had nothing to do, on Tuesday my art critique was only 30min, so I biked around the rest of the day, saw my gf, went to some shops, it was a great day weather wise as well.

So in the past two days I have put on about 150km. :O

Today I just sat around in my pajamas all day, it's 11pm and I haven't changed yet :).

But, unfortunately, all this riding was done on my mountain bike, since it is still snowy.

If you have extra time on your hands go find Drunken_Ninja and report back to us.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
LordOpie said:

I knew this was bull**** when you claimed you could read. Unless it was a picture book? :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The people that sold us our house were an old retired couple. The guy was a roadie who wanted to ride seven days a week for the rest of his life, so he and the wife packed up and moved to Florida. From what I hear though, one might not survive that long being a roadie in Florida with all those old drivers around.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Silver said:
I knew this was bull**** when you claimed you could read. Unless it was a picture book? :D
oh yeah buddy, pictures :drool:

I Are Baboon said:
The people that sold us our house were an old retired couple. The guy was a roadie who wanted to ride seven days a week for the rest of his life, so he and the wife packed up and moved to Florida. From what I hear though, one might not survive that long being a roadie in Florida with all those old drivers around.
WTF? No one moves to FL for cycling. You'll get bored within months. AZ or NM is much better.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
pffft. sounds like many of my off days from work, during the work week.

i love how my shifts work. 3 x 12 hour nights a week. the rest is playtime.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
So Op, what book are you reading (and when are you getting enuf "sick" days to do a road trip to Cali so we can go road riding)?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I think I was reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy at the time. Outstanding series.

Man, I burn sick/vacation days typically one or two at a time and space 'em out so I can go to UT, NM, or a winter break ride. I don't know when I'll be able to get to Cali or PNW :(