Quantcast

ISIS.Is it worth it?????

Gonna be in the market for a new drive train soon.I know what chain and cassette I'm gettting but I'm also in need of chain rings too.
I either get new rings or sod the expense and go for ISIS.
Money isn't that much of a priority but I don't want to throw it away on the ISIS stuff.
I'm no looking at Turbines or anything pricey,maybe Prodigy or the FSA kit.
What about bb's? I hear the Race Face stuff is a bit crap?
Also,I ride an FSR with an E-Type front mech.I've heard that I need to get a different bb cup to go with whatever bb I use.True?
Or.
Should I go with the Shitmano Octalink idea?????

Any help gladly recieved.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
i use race face isis northshore cranks and think it is well worth the money. at first i didnt think i could feel he difference but then i went back to my old turbine lp cranks and they are quite flexy. so yes i think its worth it. i dont know anything about E type front derraileurs

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd go with ISIS over Octalink just on principle (open standard vs. reluctantly semi-open standard). As for the merits of going splined at all, I can only relate my own tale: I used to round out crankarms with some regularity, but didn't have problems with splined XTR or my current ISIS setup.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I'd give all the ISIS stuff a year or so to be guinea pigged by others. The Shimano stuff works very well but who knows yet who makes good ISIS. Already we hear that some Truvativ bb's are poop. Some problems with RF too.

intensebike

Chimp
Feb 28, 2002
North East
ISIS cranks are worth it. You will love the difference they make from the old taper standard, and at very little pice increase, if any. Go for it!