stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i don't know which avatar was more disturbing....the shovel guy or your new one

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"By our rough calculations, the family uses over 1,000 rolls of toilet paper each year. "

Wasteful...recycle.

"Duggar claims countries have come to America and asked us to encourage their people to have more children."

Name 2, Michelle.

I give them credit for being self sufficient and taking care of their business, thats good on them. But I dont agree with her posturing on overpopulation one bit...people are the worlds greatest problem, and adding more is not going to solve any problems.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I retract my previous comments.............feel free and bash away.....
You know what bugs me the most about this kind of stuff?

It's not that people hold stupid or ignorant opinions. It's that the stupid and the ignorant are ever put in a place to have their opinions broadcast to the entire world through news articles or TV shows. Why does being a star in a TV series or a movie or wherever entitle you to have a platform on which to spout political, medical, social or economic drivel?

I guess in this case it's at least vaguely related to what she is famous for and isn't as bad as, say, Jenny McCarthy's crusade against vaccines.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Why does being a star in a TV series or a movie or wherever entitle you to have a platform on which to spout political, medical, social or economic drivel?
BV, meet free market*
free market, meet BV

*any relation to 'free market of ideas' is coincidental

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BV, meet free market*
free market, meet BV
Obviously I am not looking for regulations here. I know the reason that it is happening, and my question was rhetorical.

I'm just mourning the loss of common sense, which should indicate that a person becoming famous does not make them an authority in all subjects - or, indeed, in any subject at all.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Reproductive rights also mean that people can have as many babies as they want. Always strikes me as odd that people who are strong advocates of safe and legal abortion can be so intolerant of the Duggars and Octomom.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Reproductive rights also mean that people can have as many babies as they want. Always strikes me as odd that people who are strong advocates of safe and legal abortion can be so intolerant of the Duggars and Octomom.
this isn't about reproductive rights. its about stupidity. just because they have the right to birth two dozen kids doesn't make it a good idea.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
this isn't about reproductive rights. its about stupidity. just because they have the right to birth two dozen kids doesn't make it a good idea.
So is there a Goldilocks number you could go with? Maybe save your facepalms for the uncountable numbers born every year that never receive even a chance at a decent life. All these kids seemed loved and cared for, what's so stupid about it? I don't get how one or two outliers can cause so much angst.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So is there a Goldilocks number you could go with? Maybe save your facepalms for the uncountable numbers born every year that never receive even a chance at a decent life.
for a minute there i thought you said unborn.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So is there a Goldilocks number you could go with? Maybe save your facepalms for the uncountable numbers born every year that never receive even a chance at a decent life. All these kids seemed loved and cared for, what's so stupid about it? I don't get how one or two outliers can cause so much angst.
angst? wtf thread are you reading? this is just ridicule.

and the magic number of kids is 2.5

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I am with VB here. Personally, I cant do it...but if they can more power to them. The kids are taken care of and seem happy.

What I find reprehensible is the Duggars using children as a cottage industry. I also find it funny, uhh, interesting to think that the odds are good that at least one of the kids will end up gay or lesbian...one will end up the heavy metal guitarist and which one will pen the tell all book.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What I find reprehensible is the Duggars using children as a cottage industry. I also find it funny, uhh, interesting to think that the odds are good that at least one of the kids will end up gay or lesbian...one will end up the heavy metal guitarist and which one will pen the tell all book.
this. capitalism at its most (?) reprehensible. drill, baby, drill!