Quantcast

It's always Florida...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Never have I seen this much contridiction and confusion in one paragraph..

Republicans, who changed their rules to publicly vet Nezar Hamze and then vote on his application by secret ballot, said they didn't oppose him because he was a Muslim - but because he is associated with the Center for American-Islamic Relations, whose Washington-area affiliate was an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal terrorism indictment.

Publicly vet, secretly disapprove

Not opposing because he's a Muslim, but because he's a Muslim

And unindicted in an indictment...

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
No idea why I'm still amazed that anyone who isn't a WASP (and not gay) would ever affiliate themselves with the republican party. Sorry $tinkle but your cronies are just a cover for blatant racism/homophobia.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
No idea why I'm still amazed that anyone who isn't a WASP (and not gay) would ever affiliate themselves with the republican party.
Please tell us what ones you disagree with?

Five Core Conservative Principles.

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

3. Personal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

1. Limited Government (Except when regulating morality)

2. Fiscal Responsibility (Tax those without the money to fund billion dollar political campaigns)

3. Personal Responsibility (Those less fortunate than us can suck it)

4. The Rule of Law (Keep the dark skinned horde at bay)

5. National Sovereignty (wtf? Are the Dems advocating a takeover by Canada?)
I think you forgot the fine print. :D

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Please tell us what ones Republicans have actually lived up to when in power. This should be fun.
I’m asking the questions here so you can stop the distract and redirect schtick.

Can you name ANY Democrat that has ever lived up to any of these principals?

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I’m asking the questions here so you can stop the distract and redirect schtick.

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty
You want me to evaluate how the Democrats are doing at upholding the Republican party platform? LOL. You sure I am the one who is redirecting here?

Put down the Cool-aid and evaluate how your party does at upholding their principals. Practice some of that accountability you seem to like so much. Your whole party platform is a freaking sham.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty
e
a
t

s
h
i
t

a
n
d

d
i
e

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Dude Troll Guy,
Can you name any politician who has ever upheld everything and/or anything on that list?
Now try real hard because it's impossible.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Put down the Cool-aid and evaluate how your party does at upholding their principals. Practice some of that accountability you seem to like so much. Your whole party platform is a freaking sham.
The “establishment” republicans are not that different from the “establishment” democrats they are playing the same game just wearing different uniforms; I think we can all agree upon this. However with the rise of the tea party candidates that are making establishment nervous and upsetting their power balance.

Remember the deficit ceiling boondoggle this summer and all the blame and name-calling the tea party members of congress got because they held to their principals of fiscal responsibility? Mainstream Americans are tired of footing the bill for Washington’s waste and spending orgy for never ending wars and entitlement programs.

As much as you want to place blame on the GOP for all your ills you have to remember it was DEMOCRATIC majority congress that was elected in 2006 that got us in this mess. Fortunately America has woken up and realized the path we are on is taking us to financial ruin think Greece, Portugal, Italy, Ireland…and they did something about it last November.

My wish is that those sheeple that voted for Hope & Change last time wake up and realize their mistake and don’t have us continue down this un-sustainable financial path we are currently on.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Seven replys and not ONE of you can logically tell me what one of these conservative principals you disagree with?

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Seven replys and not ONE of you can logically tell me what one of these conservative principals you disagree with?

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty
Those points are not worth debating or discussing. They are the most generalized, mean nothing set of principals I have ever seen. But, you seem really proud of that list so lets start with the last one cause it really made me laugh.

"National Sovereignty" They may as well have just written down "USA! USA! USA!" or "Mom's apple pie".

"Rule of Law" What's the alternative? Anarchy? I didn't know that the National Anarchy Party was going to be such a threat in the upcoming elections.

"Personal Responsibility" Are we in a second grade classroom? Of course in a perfect society everyone takes responsibility for their actions and can support themselves.

"Fiscal Responsibility" Good one lol

"Limited Government" Once again, what's the alternative? Unlimited government? I have not heard this as part of any politician's platform. Maybe I am just tuning out all the unlimited government proponents.

I will now recant for you the only other list of priorities I have ever seen which was sillier than this one:

1. Technology
2. My girlfriend
3. Danger
4. Safety

Please feel free to logically disagree with any of these meaningless points. Just so you know, it was written by a 12yr old.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty
OK, I'll bite, I agree with all of the principals, now you find me a republican or democratic congress or administration that has worked to uphold any of them.

Don't dare say Bush...or Reagan.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty

You know, if you actually *believed* in those 5 conservative princples, you wouldn't have had to copy/paste and prove to the rest of Ridemonkey that you don't know the difference between principals and principles...

And for the record, I disagree with every single one of those.

1. Limited Government - I actually like the EPA, the FDA, and all sorts of other intrusive government agencies.
2. Fiscal Responsibility - For some reason this means "tax cuts regardless of fiscal implications" to the current crop of Republicans. Show me one Republican willing to agree to tax INCREASES to decrease the deficit and I might vote for him.
3. Personal Responsibility - Sorry, I'm not willing to let people die on the street outside of a hospital just because they can't afford health insurance. You might be different.
4. Rule of Law - When "rule of law" is based on what those crooks in Washington or in state capitols pass as laws, no, I'm not ok with all of them.
5. National Sovereignty - Uh, because we're a nation, we're a sovereign nation. This literally makes no sense...

Maybe you can find something else to copy/paste?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
And for the record, I disagree with every single one of those.

1. Limited Government - I actually like the EPA, the FDA, and all sorts of other intrusive government agencies.
2. Fiscal Responsibility - For some reason this means "tax cuts regardless of fiscal implications" to the current crop of Republicans. Show me one Republican willing to agree to tax INCREASES to decrease the deficit and I might vote for him.
3. Personal Responsibility - Sorry, I'm not willing to let people die on the street outside of a hospital just because they can't afford health insurance. You might be different.
4. Rule of Law - When "rule of law" is based on what those crooks in Washington or in state capitols pass as laws, no, I'm not ok with all of them.
5. National Sovereignty - Uh, because we're a nation, we're a sovereign nation. This literally makes no sense...
Let me try and see if it makes sense as to why I agree with them, but with some thought and not cut and paste.

1. Limited Government- I see limited government as not reducing services that are needed, but reduce some of the layers..i.e. minimum amount of bureaucracy required to get the job done.

2. Fiscal responsibility- you and I agree on this. fiscal responsibility is trying not to overspend what you have for revenue.

3. Personal responsibility- this isn't making or worrying about the other people being responsible, it's about making sure you're doing the right thing, living with some honor and integrity.

4. Rule of law- As a responsible citizen and person, you obey the laws and work through the legal process to change the ones you don't like. Does not mean blindly obeying authority for authorities sake.

5. National sovereignty- Ummm, yeah..nothing there, that's not really a principle, it's a theory or concept. So, nope, nothing. Sorry.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Those points are not worth debating or discussing.
Because you can't right?

But hey you’re the one wondering why anyone would be a conservative by the way 42% of Americans consider themselves to be conservative versus only 20% of Americans consider themselves liberals So perhaps you could list or copy & past some liberal core values and beliefs and then justify them for all of us.

Nothing a matter with being a liberal it’s just amazing to some of us how you can go through life for so long and always be on the wrong side of history all the time. Doesn’t it ever get tiring knowing that your whole ideology is built upon a flawed belief system? What exactly is it like seeing life through shades of grey and never in black and white?

I’ll stop here and let you work your magic with that list of liberal values and core beliefs.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
You know, if you actually *believed* in those 5 conservative princples, you wouldn't have had to copy/paste and prove to the rest of Ridemonkey that you don't know the difference between principals and principles...
CraP thats what I get for trusting microsoft word the grammer nazi got me again!

touche'

Spelling Nazi = 1

Hello Kitty = 0

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
the fact that you just went and copied/pasted from a conservative website (that spells better than you do), right?
Look up the meaning of pastiche.

It doesn’t matter where I got the info be it my own grey matter a c & p off a conservative website or a bathroom wall.

Bottom line is that I asked politely what conservative principles the guy disagrees with when he was asking why anyone would be a conservative.

Nitpicking of where I got the five is typical distract and redirect tactics and not an answer he knows it and you know it.

I mean seriously do you REALLY want more government intervention in your life? Do you really want more wasteful government spending? Less self reliance and more government dependence? The Rule of law = Constitution I know you leftists have issues with our Constitution so I'll give you that one as a freebie and finally are your against self governance that’s the national governance stuff.

It’s pretty common sense stuff I listed yet we have folks arguing against those principles just because of the source not the substance unbelievable.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Look up the meaning of pastiche.

It doesn’t matter where I got the info be it my own grey matter a c & p off a conservative website or a bathroom wall.

Bottom line is that I asked politely what conservative principles the guy disagrees with when he was asking why anyone would be a conservative.

Nitpicking of where I got the five is typical distract and redirect tactics and not an answer he knows it and you know it.

I mean seriously do you REALLY want more government intervention in your life? Do you really want more wasteful government spending? Less self reliance and more government dependence? The Rule of law = Constitution I know you leftists have issues with our Constitution so I'll give you that one as a freebie and finally are your against self governance that’s the national governance stuff.

It’s pretty common sense stuff I listed yet we have folks arguing against those principles just because of the source not the substance unbelievable.
Did you even understand Dante's post? Because the above response shows absolutely zero comprehension of what he posted up.

Just let $tinkle handle this...he's only responded about commas so far...that should give you a clue right there... :rolleyes:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
You're either dumb as bricks or a troll. I'm guessing the latter. X3Pilot and I just showed several posts above this that it all depends on the interpretation of "government intervention" as to whether it's good or not, or what constitutes "wasteful spending". Do I want MORE government intervention with regards to more surprise inspections at food plants by the FDA? Absolutely. Do I want a police officer stationed in my home looking over my shoulder as I type this? Of course not.

It's the same with "government spending". Some of what we spend is good and necessary. Some of it is wasteful, and my guess is that we have DRASTICALLY different ideas on what's good, and what's wasteful. I'm a pretty big fan of SS and Medicare right now, since that means my aging parents (and my wife's aging parents) aren't going to be poverty-stricken and have to move in with us in the spare bedroom. You're probably far enough away from retirement that you think it's just wasteful, bloated government programs.

You didn't list common sense ideas, you listed platitudes and generalities, neither of which fly here in P&WN. When you actually learn to codify your arguments and *explain* what you want to accomplish and how you want to do it, then maybe there can be a worthwhile discussion here. We come to P&WN to talk about ideas, and debate our views. We come backed with facts, figures and links to back those up as well. You sound like a Paultard who just got a whiff of all of the feel-good soundbites that you started hearing on Fox News, and can't figure out why people won't blindly agree with your idea that "Freedom = Good".

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When you actually learn to codify your arguments and *explain* what you want to accomplish and how you want to do it, then maybe there can be a worthwhile discussion here. We come to P&WN to talk about ideas, and debate our views. We come backed with facts, figures and links to back those up as well. You sound like a Paultard who just got a whiff of all of the feel-good soundbites that you started hearing on Fox News, and can't figure out why people won't blindly agree with your idea that "Freedom = Good".
And Fire = Bad!

If only I could fit MY political views on a bumper sticker for my truck, I would be happy, too.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Some of what we spend is good and necessary. Some of it is wasteful, and my guess is that we have DRASTICALLY different ideas on what's good, and what's wasteful.
Like I said earlier we don’t have a REVENUE problem in this country we have a SPENDING problem nowhere did I say eliminate that or that program although there are many that need to disappear or be de-funded. Do you REALLY believe that the problem with education in this county is a lack of funds? Or is it the funds are not used wisely? Name one government entity that you believe actually needs 100% of its funding or it would collapse.

Citizens and Private business have to live on a budget or else…yet we have folks here in this county that think nothing about extending the credit limit of the federal government and think that the “rich” need to cover the note by paying more in taxes.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Citizens and Private business have to live on a budget or else…yet we have folks here in this county that think nothing about extending the credit limit of the federal government and think that the “rich” need to cover the note by paying more in taxes.
Where were you 10 years ago when GWB was running? IIRC we had a little more in the bank then than we do now as a country. We could have done without Iraq, that would have saved us some coin.

Speaking of Citizens and Private business, where were they in this "war effort"? Certainly not where they were during WW2.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Speaking of Citizens and Private business, where were they in this "war effort"? Certainly not where they were during WW2.
Nicely played chickenhawk dig however I too have been wondering since “mission accomplished” and seal team six double tap on Osama why in the hell exactly are we over there still getting our troops killed for a bunch of 7th century throwbacks on a pile of dirt.

Perhaps you could answer that question.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. National Sovereignty
Nice theory. Here is the practice:

1-My kid has to sit beside spooks and spics in class?
2-"Reagan proved deficits don't matter"
3-Women should have unwanted children as punishment for their whorish behavior.
4-The US just killed an American citizen without trial.
5-Unless you're Iraq, Cuba, Grenada, Vietnam, Pakistan, Nicaragua, or anywhere else we feel like bombing the fvck out of people.

Now, I will note that 4 and 5 (and 1, to a large extent) are both bipartisan positions.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nicely played chickenhawk dig however I too have been wondering since “mission accomplished” and seal team six double tap on Osama why in the hell exactly are we over there still getting our troops killed for a bunch of 7th century throwbacks on a pile of dirt.

Perhaps you could answer that question.
War makes money for SOME people, and those people aren't so quick to give up the checks they have been promised. You can't just pack up the boys and head out, but there has been a draw down.

Who's idea was it to start a SECOND war before trying to at least finish the first? Not mine.