Quantcast

It's been two years...

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
of the war on terror. Are we safer today than two years ago?

I say somewhat, airtravel is safer but Americans in general are probably less safe while traveling the world based on Bush's new pre-emptive defence plans. (I love the term pre-emptive defence, some politico needs a medal for coining the term, we are not aggresors, we just excercise pre-emptive defence techniques.)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by ummbikes
I just gave myself a freak out, my post was at 9:11 on 9-11! :eek:
i love when sh!t like happens

i don't feel safer or more threatened. I do agree with being pro-active and taking the war to the terrorists.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Jimmy Carter had stayed in office and not negotiated with the terrorists... instead of Reagan caving in and giving arms to the terrorists. I think it took huge balls of Carter to basically say, "nope, no more... we'll not negotiate ever again." If we stuck to our guns, I wonder if anyone would have fvcked with us again.

ok, bit of a tangent there.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
On the whole I feel that our little war will be just as ineffective as the war on drugs. Very costly, doomed to failure and likely to create more anti-American sentiment. I think Bush Inc. has handed us an economic Vietnam - no end game, no way out, no international support and no end to the money we'll be spending.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Originally posted by LordOpie
i love when sh!t like happens

i don't feel safer or more threatened. I do agree with being pro-active and taking the war to the terrorists.
Which terrorists are you talking about?

The Cheese

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
One of my favorite quotes: "Tourists are terrorists with cameras, terrorists are tourists with guns." Andrei Codrescu

Of the three you've listed beware the ex-wife!

The Cheese

Aug 28, 2003
Ashland, OR
The War on Drugs was never about drug prevention, the real agenda is to drive drug prices up so the CIA can keep heroin profits up. Afghanistan was the number 1 producer of heroin for the last few decades. The War on Terror is just an excuse for the highly illegal, gestapo-like Patriot Act.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Originally posted by WillRidesRigid
The War on Drugs was never about drug prevention, the real agenda is to drive drug prices up so the CIA can keep heroin profits up. Afghanistan was the number 1 producer of heroin for the last few decades. The War on Terror is just an excuse for the highly illegal, gestapo-like Patriot Act.
Dam Iwish others could see that too,Americans by and by are fricking Sheep ,they follow the little Bo peep no matter what she takes them through :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sep 17, 2003
Ashland OR yee-haw
you can never expect much real "progress" with war... this one even screwed our economy... bush is just an idiot, straight up....

tobacco companies are the cause of hundreds of time more deaths than terrorists that WE TRAINED but we don't start a war on tobacco..... this was about the bush administration's plans for the middle east... sadly, the terrorism was a convenient excuse... it wouldn't surprise me too much if bush paid bin laden...........

anyway... are we safer? sure, our "enemies" are in hiding or dead along with all of their civilians, right?

saddam keeps these supposed WMD and hasn't used them.... so we kill people using other weapons.... because saddam's the madman

i'm gonna move to canada, decriminalized weed, sick trails, funny accents, no G. Bush, better schools and health care, drinking age is 19......... how is america superior?

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Originally posted by SuperDuperPuper
i'm gonna move to canada, decriminalized weed, sick trails, funny accents, no G. Bush, better schools and health care, drinking age is 19......... how is america superior?
Sorry for the tangent but it is exactly this kind of mentality tha wokrs agsinst the legislation you support. In Spain, where I am from, any 14 year old can walk into a bar and get a beer and nobody says anything. But because there is not an abusive culture, there is no problem.

It was a foolish decision to move into Iraq. Its both funny and scary for me to see how people respond to the government, seriously its classic 1984:

GOV: Iraq is dangerous we need to invade
People: Yeah they killed the WTC...theyre crazy and have WMD
GOV: Yeah.
Protestor: Hey there are no WMD!...you're attacking, now, you, the gov are the crazy ones with the WMD.
Gov+People: Shut up you unpatriotic mofo. We are there to liberate the people of Iraq.
Protestor: bbuut... you just said that you were going to have a pre remptive strike?!? How can you liberate people when you are bombing them and wasting billions of dollars?
GOV: theres no price on freedom. We are there to help the Iraqi people.
People: yeah. how can you not want to help the Iraqi people?

Its crazy how the government has absolute control, anything they say becomes truth and all the dumbasses in this country believe it. I hate this ****.

Back to my HW......

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by SuperDuperPuper
you can never expect much real "progress" with war... this one even screwed our economy... bush is just an idiot, straight up....
You didnt mean that right?

There wasnt any progress made from the revolutionary war right?
Or what about the civil war?
Oh, hey, what about WWII?

Actually, i think you probably did mean it, but just werent thinking at the time.

I like the war on drugs, and i think the cost is worth it, because...even if physically, the drugs still come in. People by and large view drugs as bad (which is a good thing) because of all the steps taken to prevent them, and the sentences given to users, dealers etc...

I also like the war on terror. Make all the arguments about the past that you want: It still doesnt change the current state of the world. Terrorists are after the US, and id rather have them die than us; plain and simple. Being proactive is the only way to keep terrorists on the run.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Terrorists are after the US.
why are terrorists after the US? is it only you that they are after?

terrorism is a worldwide problem.... from OSAMA BIN LADEN to the IRA to anti-abortionists. how about the terror that was enacted upon IRAQI civilians? both SADDAM and the US did it. all that death for reasons unknown.

its like a double edged sword... you're gonna piss off somebody no matter what you do (including doing nothing). your veto and attitude has corrupted everything. the rest of the world wants to like you, but you are making it very, VERY difficult. you made your bed, now go to sleep.

as for being safer... i didn't feel that bad before. the only thing i worry about is my next score.