Quantcast

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I've gotten myself caught up in drama at work.

Let's see if I can explain....

There are 3 guys that report to the production manager. The production manager reports to the GM of the company.

So the 3 guys have problems with their boss, the prod mgr. They have gone to the GM with their problems. And if what they are claiming is true, it's pretty bad, making for a crappy work environment.

GM has done nothing, and even worse, he told the production manager what was said.

This has been over a period of time.

Now I report to someone of equal "clout" as the general manager. I offered to talk to my boss (thinking I was helping) to see if he could help the situation....as I said, if what they are saying is true....then it's pretty bad. But I'm operating purely on hearsay.

They agreed. Recall, I have no axe to grind here. I was just trying to help these guys out.

So I opened the can of worms. And there was going to be a meeting with the 3 guys, and my boss so they could explain their case directly to him.

Well since then, one of the guy went to the GM and said that I called a secret meeting about the production manager. So GM called my boss all pissed off. And another guy has decided he doesn't have a problem anymore.

So now the perception is that I am the one with the problem with the production manager....and by extension, the GM.

My boss is siding with me and is attempting to smooth this out. But jesus christ, I totally got hung out to dry.

Good thing my resumé is current......

The moral of the story? **** everyone and the respective horses they rode in on. SRSLY.

You may now commence the mockery.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
My little business developed a set of Core Values last summer and #10 is "Resist Drama." I think it's one thing that we all share that has made us successful.

So anyway, if ever approached with anything like this, I normally try to mind my own business. I know you were trying to help but it sounds like it backfired when peoples' jobs got put on the line.

Oh, I'm a fvcking idiot too. I got rid of my 2nd in charge on Monday which was a gigantic mistake and I've been feeling crazy for it all week.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
if all goes well, everything will get smoothed over and you've learned a lesson to not get involved in anything that doesn't pertain to you at work.

if all goes bad, take a dump in a shoe box and hide it under the desk of the person you like least at work then wait until you get fired.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well lets see - you weren't having a problem but felt the need to involve yourself? I agree - stoopid.

If you really didn't have an axe to grind you should have called the anonymous HR bitch line.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
WE don't think you're stupid, just not very capable. I think with some long repeated direction you may be an actual functioning member of society. Sadly you seek guidance here, and we have already lost patience with you..... Can I suggest calling your Mom, She may still care.... We no longer do... Sorry... The monkey should start another forum to run parallel with the Lounge. Your Mom could be a moderator. It could be called the Mmike's Moms forum. I promise to not post there.....

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Part of the problem (beyond my stupidity) is that we actually don't have an HR dept. We have a "director of HR". But her job consists of planning the xmas party and annual golf tournament, and putting up (and taking down) the holiday decorations.

SO she's pretty overloaded and has no time for such matters.

And the only reason I did involve myself was that the accusations being made are quite serious, and really should not be going on.....and ultimately if left unchecked could be bad for everyone.

But yep. I shoulda stayed out of it and let the crumbling pieces fall where they may.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
ACCUSATIONS?

Well depending on state law and what the accusations are, just knowing what they are and FAILING to report them to HR could be against the law itself and you could be terminated by the xmas party planner.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
ACCUSATIONS?

Well depending on state law and what the accusations are, just knowing what they are and FAILING to report them to HR could be against the law itself and you could be terminated by the xmas party planner.
Though we don't have states here, yes...that was part of my reasoning to stick my big fat nose into it. The story is quite complicated, and only interesting to people involved...but it's not the sort of thing where you chuckle and say, "Oh you......"

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I know you came here to get made fun of, but I think you did the right thing.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I get into these situations b/c I'm that guy that's like :"Why can't people just be honest and get things out in the open?"

Then....when they do get them out in the open, it sucks. And it's usually b/c they are f***ing insane and their version of honesty is mind boggling.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Well.....I'm speechless.....I have no speech.

The action that will be taken by the GM? Nothing.

So using employees to do work on your house, (on the company nickel) is apparently ok.

I am SO stealing pens today.

The GM has always been a "nice guy".........but holy crap. His credibility has just flown out the window with some key people. I wonder how this will end.......

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well.....I'm speechless.....I have no speech.

The action that will be taken by the GM? Nothing.

So using employees to do work on your house, (on the company nickel) is apparently ok.

I am SO stealing pens today.

The GM has always been a "nice guy".........but holy crap. His credibility has just flown out the window with some key people. I wonder how this will end.......
Have them come over and clean your pool then. Problem solved.