Quantcast

It's Saturday!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Concert tonight with a famous soloist who sounds frankly just kind of old now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Where the fuck are the wingdings?
Where I damn well didn't want to put them.

I was just informed that we have family pictures tomorrow and will not be chasing powder. I should have gone skiing today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Barely an inch at our house, can't even go sledding down the road, trails will be sloppy too :(
It is a weird corner season. I don’t have a ski day planned until Thursday so am going to miss out on this storm’s powder. Hopefully Nick is out there now getting face shots that need no color correction from TN.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It is a weird corner season. I don’t have a ski day planned until Thursday so am going to miss out on this storm’s powder. Hopefully Nick is out there now getting face shots that need no color correction from TN.
There will be no powder out of this storm. Reports are all of rain at the bases...only snow at the higher elevations...and that snow will not be Real Powder.

I still would have liked to ski it... :mad:

1st-hand report from Vail Valley: "Grabby, hooky, slidy, slushy, stingy, surfy, cement. Any snow that has been tracked even once is getting set up into stone. The fresh is fun, though."

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
At work, raining, cold, no bikies today. :(

Tomorrow is my Dad's 80th birthday. Going to take him hiking. :thumb:

Monday it's going to rain again so no Pisgah. And Tuesday the weather is going to be perfect, but the Pisgah stage race is on all the trails I want to ride that day. :rant:

Wednesday I have a hair appointment, yeah that's right. And again the weather will be perfect in Pisgah. :thumbsdown:

That leaves Thursday to hit the seasonal stuff before it closes on the 15th. Which is okay I guess, except for the fact that the weather almost certainly will not be what it is predicted to be this far out.

Really want to ride Butter and Cat gap since those trails are getting some major re-work in the near future. Come Oct 15th when the seasonal trails open back up some sections might be rerouted or gone.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
first day home from family camping trip in hot springs, nc. summary:
site on french broad river; AT crosses through town; norfolk southern tracks adjacent to campground.

night 1: 45^; hours of raging thunderstorms with 40mph winds. rain stopped by 9 the next morning. play in camping area, hike on AT for a while. go soak in hot springs; dinner in town.
night 2: 32^ and windy. trains come through around 12 and 4. pull back taking dog out of tent when we wake up. later, dog escapes. run him down on the railroad tracks. hang out around campground, go for a horseback ride to an abandoned garnet mine.
night 3: supposed to be warmer. not. pulled back not happy sleeping on ground. 2 trains plus geese honking on the river. wife goes to let dog out in the morning; trying to let him back in tent, escapes again. i catch him again. dog is on kill list. pack up camp. go soak in hot springs again. head to asheville and have lunch with bro in law.

today, car shopping. ugh.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
first day home from family camping trip in hot springs, nc. summary:
site on french broad river; AT crosses through town; norfolk southern tracks adjacent to campground.

night 1: 45^; hours of raging thunderstorms with 40mph winds. rain stopped by 9 the next morning. play in camping area, hike on AT for a while. go soak in hot springs; dinner in town.
night 2: 32^ and windy. trains come through around 12 and 4. pull back taking dog out of tent when we wake up. later, dog escapes. run him down on the railroad tracks. hang out around campground, go for a horseback ride to an abandoned garnet mine.
night 3: supposed to be warmer. not. pulled back not happy sleeping on ground. 2 trains plus geese honking on the river. wife goes to let dog out in the morning; trying to let him back in tent, escapes again. i catch him again. dog is on kill list. pack up camp. go soak in hot springs again. head to asheville and have lunch with bro in law.

today, car shopping. ugh.
Sounds like you need some time in the woods...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran a 6.55 mile race this morning and smoked it (6:27 avg pace). Finished 6/379 overall and 2/23 in my age group. Me (in tights) and the age group winner here ran like this pretty much the entire race, running 5th and 6th overall...pretty much nobody around us the entire race, as we were well off the leaders and well ahead of the people behind us. It was good having him there to keep me hammering, as it's tough to stay focused when you're all alone. He dropped the hammer the last 50 yards of the race and got me by five seconds. I couldn't match his kick. Good times...it was fun racing like that. I won a winter beanie and a fancy cookie for the age group placement, which was really my main goal.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Short ride on the fat bike today in perfect conditions. It was like hero dirt, but on snow. Those bigass tires sure do make it easy to slay those flat turns...

Even rode a steep pile of ROX; other people were going around it.

But enough with this snow bullshit already.....

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
You're doing it wrong, reschedule that crap! Your hair will still be there the next day, the trails might not be. :busted:
Rescheduling is a definite possibility, but not if it's going to be another two weeks.

But more importantly, I'm less likely to get chased by those annoying Sasquatch hunters with a fresh haircut. You would think that a hairy redhead cursing at them in their own language would be enough discouragement.

Touched down at SFO about a quarter after midnight. Managed to get to Santa Cruz in one piece, fell out for a few hours, ate some breakfast, packed a bunch of stuff into my sister's car, visited local LBS, wandered up to Davenport, ate lunch, wandered around in the surf for a couple of hours. Nice to see salt water.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Had an awesome haddock with good local IPAs in Rockport, worked in the yard a bit, installed front tire tubeless. Then taxes. Taxes spoil all fun. :(

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Touched down at SFO about a quarter after midnight. Managed to get to Santa Cruz in one piece, fell out for a few hours, ate some breakfast, packed a bunch of stuff into my sister's car, visited local LBS, wandered up to Davenport, ate lunch, wandered around in the surf for a couple of hours. Nice to see salt water.
I live in the far east. My office is next to the sea. Fence is about 15 meters from the shore. Nice to work near the sea. It's summer now so the days get quite hot.