Quantcast

>>>Its Slack off Friderp GMT time<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee is good , my attitude for doing work isn't.... Did a 45 minute run ls night, my legs re a bit tired this morning. I need to go for a ride instead of the short bus duty. At least no one shit on the bus yesterday like they did on Wednesday. god damn that reeked, at least the hazmat was contained in their adult diaper and I had nothing to clean up.

I wonder what short bus adventure awaits today?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I thought I was returning to work on Tuesday, but nope, I guess the flu or something had other ideas.

Back in the office today. Haven't been here for 3 weeks. I am actually afraid to open my email.

It was 53freedom units here yesterday and is now dumping rain outside. The snow around here is 99% gone. So I'm guessing any sort of biking is out for a few days. Time to get the hiking boots muddy? How big of a rut do fat bikes create in mud @johnbryanpeters @StiHacka ?

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Nearly 70 degrees out there today....the weather is bipolar and has run out of medication.

I need to get out to a jobsite and put some teeny white flags in the ground to mark for utilities survey, but it's raining...and, well.....that's a good enough reason not to, right?

It's hot here in the office. Not sure if they're transitioning into raising orchids in here as well, or....

Kid has his team's first basketball practice tonight, then their first game tomorrow. This will not end well.

Last edited:

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
59 rainy degrees this morning. Supposed to get ball tingling cold tonight with snow. Go home mother nature you drunk. Canadmos, hope I didn't give you the ebolaids I had.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
The 3 days of training has left me far behind on work, meanwhile it's dumping snow in the mountains and I won't be skiing today. Grumble grumble grumble...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, beautiful people! Normally 40 degrees and rain makes for a pretty miserable run, but it felt great this morning considering the recent cold blast we've had. It was so damn dark and foggy though that I was getting nauseous from the headlamp beam through the fog and rain. I got my five miles done though, then pooped when I got home and got an Americano on the way into work. So, it's been a good start to my Friday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

T-1 day until I go pick up our new 72 sqft home on wheels. Just trying to do my research and figure out how to actually build said tinier home. I know what I'll be doing all winter and spring.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
59 rainy degrees this morning. Supposed to get ball tingling cold tonight with snow. Go home mother nature you drunk. Canadmos, hope I didn't give you the ebolaids I had.
I am blaming it on old man Mark who came down to NC already sick and then riding for a week in below freezing temps. Sounds about right. :twitch:

Enjoy the warm weather while you can...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How big of a rut do fat bikes create in mud?
Only one way to find out.

:D

My boys were each up 2x last night. I am so friggin cooked right now. and work is busy with stuff that requires me to concentrate, plan, coordinate and be creative. :dead:

Is it the weekend yet?! oh wait, no, I have to be with my kids in that case. let me rephrase. are my kids 18 yet?!

I thought I was returning to work on Tuesday, but nope, I guess the flu or something had other ideas.

Back in the office today. Haven't been here for 3 weeks. I am actually afraid to open my email.

It was 53freedom units here yesterday and is now dumping rain outside. The snow around here is 99% gone. So I'm guessing any sort of biking is out for a few days. Time to get the hiking boots muddy? How big of a rut do fat bikes create in mud @johnbryanpeters @StiHacka ?
As wide as the tread, but less deep than, say, a 2.3" tire. Use your judgment. I sometimes iron out skinny ruts with the fattie if conditions are right...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thinking of calling it a day after my current con-call finishes in 20 minutes. 70 hours on the timecard this week means they've already had too much of my time unpaid.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
managed to pick up a head cold from the kid. awesome. NOT.

need to source a pressfit bottom bracket and associated tool before bike build can begin.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Meh.... Slept like shit despite spending a goodly portion of the day skiing myself silly. Wife has decided not to return as a full time teacher next year and that has been the source of some consternation. We don't need the money, but it sure helps take the edge off. *le sigh* I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

meanwhile it's dumping snow in the mountains
Holy balls. Monarch got 4" last night. So much for "slight chance of light accumulation". :mad:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Can I post pics on here directly from an android phone?
Previously I had to host them on shutterfly then link them...
yes.
start post
upload a File
select source (camera, DCIM, whatevs)
select pic
if it isn't too large a file, it'll be posted in your thread
????
profit !

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Got a 25 or so mile ride in the morning, get to try out my new rear boinger. Finally kicking this cold i got after 2 weeks. Now that my current slob of a roommate is leaving, i get to make some improvements and buy new toys for the kitchen.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Meh.... Slept like shit despite spending a goodly portion of the day skiing myself silly. Wife has decided not to return as a full time teacher next year and that has been the source of some consternation. We don't need the money, but it sure helps take the edge off. *le sigh* I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

Holy balls. Monarch got 4" last night. So much for "slight chance of light accumulation". :mad:
Is she dropping to part time or not working at all?

Jessica is applying for a 0.5 FTE music teacher job at the local DPS elementary. Upside: 1.3 miles away. Downside: Neither of our two kids is slated to go there (Yuna is too young--no ECE-3 there anyway), plus child care/child shuffling may be a mess.

Re: skiing: A-Basin got 7". Currently 1 degree and snowing. Could be decent come Wednesday, my next planned ski day. I'd rather have a few day old snow and clear skies rather than 1 degree, snowing, and 0 visibility.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Drive in was bad. Highway is slick with black ice, but looks dry as a bone. Couple of cars off into the ditch/barriers... My guess is from the sharp drop in temp as there wasn't a lot of snow felled...

I'm checking out early today....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here.

Drive in was bad. Highway is slick with black ice, but looks dry as a bone. Couple of cars off into the ditch/barriers... My guess is from the sharp drop in temp as there wasn't a lot of snow felled...

I'm checking out early today....
the other day while in line at the grocery i saw a pine tree air freshener that was scented "black ice". i found myself wondering if it smelled like a car crash.