Quantcast

>>>Its Slack off Friderp GMT time<<<

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

Meh.... Slept like shit despite spending a goodly portion of the day skiing myself silly. Wife has decided not to return as a full time teacher next year and that has been the source of some consternation. We don't need the money, but it sure helps take the edge off. *le sigh* I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

Holy balls. Monarch got 4" last night. So much for "slight chance of light accumulation". :mad:
Tell her that you decided not to return to being a full time aero grease monkey.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Boss man just called and said to be careful on the drive home because of all the rain freezing into ice. He even slipped in a "yeahhh, just leave if you need to". Well alrighty then!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Fuck ya taco Friday, got the kids at work on fridays. They have fun. Guy with the lunch truck outside grills up tacos. I just ate 4. Gunna leave here at 1 the kids will fall asleep in the truck on the way home, giving me time to sit in shed before they wake up. God dam these tacos are good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I do, you're supposed to cover it and/or use baking powder/soda, don't remember which one.
i've told this story before, but back when my sister and i were both in high school, we got home from school one day and she decided to make popcorn on the stove. someone called her and she forgot about the pot of butter (she hadn't put the corn in yet). i was in my room putting on music and she runs in freaking out that there's a fire. i go into the kitchen, observe the fire (flames to the ceiling!) promptly grab the fire extinguisher and put it out. i told her she better have the mess cleaned up before our parents got home.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
i've told this story before, but back when my sister and i were both in high school, we got home from school one day and she decided to make popcorn on the stove. someone called her and she forgot about the pot of butter (she hadn't put the corn in yet). i was in my room putting on music and she runs in freaking out that there's a fire. i go into the kitchen, observe the fire (flames to the ceiling!) promptly grab the fire extinguisher and put it out. i told her she better have the mess cleaned up before our parents got home.
That sounds intense. Luckly, i have never managed to start a fire i didn't mean too. But i have had the FD tell me that i needed to make one smaller because it was huge.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have a similar story with the toaster oven. and my wife. not sure what she did, but it caught fire. she was freaking out, screaming, looking for the fire extinguisher. I came downstairs, observed the flames coming out of the oven, and licking the cabinets. I thought about it a couple of seconds, unplugged it, grabbed some oven mitts, brought it outside and let it burn out on the sidewalk. she was very impressed with my calm demeanour and cool level-headedness. I scored a few brownie points on that day. :brows:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a similar story with the toaster oven. and my wife. not sure what she did, but it caught fire. she was freaking out, screaming, looking for the fire extinguisher. I came downstairs, observed the flames coming out of the oven, and licking the cabinets. I thought about it a couple of seconds, unplugged it, grabbed some oven mitts, brought it outside and let it burn out on the sidewalk. she was very impressed with my calm demeanour and cool level-headedness. I scored a few brownie points on that day. :brows:
i've got similar stories. one time i spent too much time in the shed, then decided i wanted a hamburger. i was thawing the bun in the microwave, and it managed to catch fire.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also, another "too much shed time" story. back when my wife and i started dating she managed to set some nachos on fire in the oven under the broiler.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i've got similar stories. one time i spent too much time in the shed, then decided i wanted a hamburger. i was thawing the bun in the microwave, and it managed to catch fire.
Microwaving a bagel for about 6 minutes will cause it to smolder and emit massive amounts of noxious smoke, with little to no risk of an actual fire. Pretty handy for those times where you need a good excuse to leave work.

Handles with an oven mitt, a burning bagel is a lot of fun to throw into someone's open window.

Last edited: