Quantcast

It's Sturgis time...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you were lucky enough to live in a City in the Northeast you could listen to them all night long from your bedroom. It is why living near the bar is like living next to the fire station.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I still dig the Panty Dropper.

This one looks good, too.

A buddy from high school hosted the "baddest bagger" contest. His shop built Panty Dropper for biker build off, there are some crazy baggers there this year for sure,

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The whole 'loud pipes save lives' argument always gets people riled up when you ask why they don't wear a helmet.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Every year my friend Dwayne goes. Every year I have to send him money for this or that. I haven't heard from him yet. He pulls his bike in a trailer to Omaha and rides up from there...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Darwin visits SD.

Darwin seems to favor a particular age group as well.
Douglas Kellar, 56 of Adams, N.Y., tried to avoid a car turning in front of him onto Sturgis Road. He was thrown from his bike and hit the car. Margaret Rand, 65 of Parker, S.D., was cited for failure to yield.
Monday, Aug. 3, Rose Ann Richard, 63, Belfield, N.D., died from injuries sustained in a crash Saturday on Interstate 90, west of Sturgis. She was on a motorcycle hit by 19-year-old Nickolas Hartwell of Rapid City. Hartwell was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, zero tolerance and reckless driving.
A chain-reaction crash Sunday, Aug. 2, involving bikes and cars killed Rhonda Denato of Ottumwa, Iowa. The crash was on Interstate 90, west of Murdo.
kind of harsh.......hope you don't have another car caused accident on your motorcycle.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Everytime I run into my brothers friend he wants me to test ride his Harley. I understand he is proud of it. The sacrifices his daughter has had to make so her dad can own a Harley have been incredible. She is 8 and finally got her first bed. She is hoping to get some new clothes for school this year. Maybe some food in the fridge also. Chrome parts ain't cheap. Back to the story. The bike ride like ass, it is loud. The brakes suck, it handles like shit, yet as Harley's go, his is pretty nice.