Quantcast

I've been Jinxed!!!!!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Went to the beer store to pick up some Long Trail Harvest, but they were out. :mumble: So, I picked up a 12'er of Magic Hat Jinx. It is touted as an "Autumn Strong Seasonal" and is supposed to be 6.9%. My review of it is it's a heavier, semi-dark beer that taste's a lot like a porter, but without the strong after taste some porter's have. Probably be really good with a steak or bacon cheese burger. :thumb:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Dartman said:
Oh man! Just picked up a six of Jinx. Very good!!!
Does VA usually have Magic Hat? Even when I go home to Jersey, I don't see it in a bunch of stores (odd since at least a few of those sell Otter Creek, which is brewed in Middlebury). Heck, I can't even buy Yeungling up here in VT.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
JRogers said:
Does VA usually have Magic Hat? Even when I go home to Jersey, I don't see it in a bunch of stores (odd since at least a few of those sell Otter Creek, which is brewed in Middlebury). Heck, I can't even buy Yeungling up here in VT.
A little beer/wine/cigar shop near my house carries it. Unfortunately it's a bit more expensive that at the 7-11 in West Dover. I've seen Number 9 on tap a local bar once but they already floated the keg before I got there. It seems the distributor is pushing the market south.

You've got so many good brews in VT I wouldn't miss Yeungling at all.

BTW that Jinx is strong stuff! Whassat about 6.9%?

Mike *hic*

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Dartman said:
A little beer/wine/cigar shop near my house carries it. Unfortunately it's a bit more expensive that at the 7-11 in West Dover. I've seen Number 9 on tap a local bar once but they already floated the keg before I got there. It seems the distributor is pushing the market south.

You've got so many good brews in VT I wouldn't miss Yeungling at all.

BTW that Jinx is strong stuff! Whassat about 6.9%?

Mike *hic*
6.9? Bah. Try Ommegang's Three Philosophers. 9.8%

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
robdamanii said:
Oh I know it's not the strongest stuff out there but drink four of 'em real quick without eating and it kind of sneaks up on you.

I like strong Belgian ales too.

Mike

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
robdamanii said:
Pfftt..whatevs. Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA, 21% ABV. Not everyone's cup of tea but I liked it.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
hrmm might be something I'd try, I love porters. I hope it cools down soon, all the beers I like aren't very appealing when its warm out. A nice tall glass of oatmeal stout does't hit the spot when its 80 degrees out

GumbaFish said:
hrmm might be something I'd try, I love porters. I hope it cools down soon, all the beers I like aren't very appealing when its warm out. A nice tall glass of oatmeal stout does't hit the spot when its 80 degrees out

A man after my own tastes, I had a Victory Storm King Stout and Troegs Oatmeal Stout last night. I have a bomber of Rogues Mocha Porter waiting for the sun fall behind the mountains this evening.