Quantcast

Jesus Juice: If it's good enough for parts then it's good enough for me

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Based on a recommendation by partsbara, I picked up some La Trappe at my local brew store today... I wish it came in a bigger bottle a'la Chimay. I was also temped to buy a bottle of Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale... maybe next time.

Feast ye peepers:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Nothing like cooking whist you get your BUZZ on!!!

On this evening menu is lamb chops...

Here they are getting ready to marinate in the frig for a few hours:

Rosemary Grilled Lamb Chops

1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt (divided)
1 garlic clove, minced
4 4-oz lamb loin chops, fat trimmed
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Rub:
Combine rosemary, olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and garlic in a small bowel. Rub mixture on both sides of lamb chops and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hrs to as long as over night.

Cook:
Heat the grill up on high. Sprinkle chops with remaining salt and the pepper. Place on the grill 4 min each side, then 2 min each side depeding on thickness.

Serve with garlic smashed potatos and grilled veggies.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I always have the opportunity to go to Louisiana for work, but have been very reluctant. Maybe I can con N8 into cooking and sharing his booze if I decide to go.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fresh Lamb is very good. One of my uncles ewes is approaching a year old. We will be eating the spring lamb early this year :oink: :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Potroast88 said:
I always have the opportunity to go to Louisiana for work, but have been very reluctant. Maybe I can con N8 into cooking and sharing his booze if I decide to go.

Any Monkey is welcome at my place for a drink and a meal.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
lonewolfe said:
Are there some hills down there?

My girlfriends family is from New Orleans. Got to love the cooking from those parts.

We have some hills in the northern part where I'm at. I am about 3 hrs from Dallas and 5 hrs from Nawlins...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i just found out that the military will ship beer for me for free... hahhahaha suckers !!! i m going to take 12 - 15 cases back to cali... (1 case = 20, 500mL bottles )

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
partsbara said:
i just found out that the military will ship beer for me for free... hahhahaha suckers !!! i m going to take 12 - 15 cases back to cali... (1 case = 20, 500mL bottles )
that's a pretty nice work-around...we were expressly forbidden to bring any booze back in our shipment from ireland...not that we would have; it was cheaper to buy stuff (even irish whiskey, as long as you could find it) in the states.

nate, were those shoulder (ie, 'gigot') chops?

i've had a chinese food (takeaway and leftovers) the last two days...time to cook some real food tonight.

one last question N8; is that issue of Cooks a new one? i've not seen it yet.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
nate, were those shoulder (ie, 'gigot') chops?

i've had a chinese food (takeaway and leftovers) the last two days...time to cook some real food tonight.

one last question N8; is that issue of Cooks a new one? i've not seen it yet.

Yes and yes.

:)

I thought about adding a hint of fresh mint to the rub but MizN8 only planted peppermint and spearmint in the garden so I passed. As it turned out, the fresh rosemary was flavorful enough and no one missed it one bit. In fact it may have been too much.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
partsbara said:

Ooh nice one one!
So what brands are you going to bring back?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:
It's too bad you can't bring about a pound of that "special Dutch parsley" back with you.;)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
DaveW said:
Ooh nice one one!
So what brands are you going to bring back?
not sure yet dave.... i ll definately be bringing back 2 cases of kostritzer... prolly some belgian 'grimbergen'... i ll see what takes my fancy when i hit the boozer...

:)